Job title : Internal Audit & Controls Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 20, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and drives the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and revision of the organization’s internal audit, control & compliance strategy.
- The role will provide independent and objective assurance that governance processes are sound, and that existing information systems and controls are adequate to mitigate risks. Ensuring operational, financial, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with established controls.
- Execute audit assignments while supervising the IA Leads and Officers in the completion of required audit procedures through appropriate testing techniques, assessing compliance with established business control policies, processes, and procedures across the organization, identifying violations of the company’s operational procedures, and escalating identified weaknesses in controls and opportunities for improvement, to the CEO
- Provide timely, reliable, fair, and balanced audit reports and another audit-related memorandum for review by the CEO. Recipients of these reports include executive management, Board Audit, and Finance committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrate experience in implementing Internal Control over Financial Reporting
- Provide specialized expertise to business operations and functional teams, to ensure business risks are managed appropriately and kept up to date with evolving business needs.
- Work proactively with our External Auditors to determine areas where assistance and direct audit reliance can be provided by Internal Audit.
- Maintain a professional audit staff with proficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certification to meet the requirement of the audit function.
- Manage functional communications and cross departmental audit projects when appropriate.
- Manage the team’s completion of the audit plan, ensuring that audits/projects progress as planned with respect to scope, budget and timetable.
- Oversee KPI compliance across different functions.
- Ensure compliance with company SOPs and procedures, and maintain effective internal controls across the company’s distribution centres.
- Design and drive effective internal control framework across the company’s distribution centre operations – draft necessary policies, procedures, and processes.
- Drive Loss prevention activities across the company by defining proactive measures to prevent the losses (cash and inventory), ensure enforcement of detective controls, investigate and monitor the incidents, etc.
- Analyze and evaluate organization-wide existing inventory management processes to recommend and implement improvements.
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of data related to inventory and provide periodic reports to the senior management on inventory related matters.
- Ensure smooth stock transactions at DRYVA warehouses (receipt, storage, order processing and shipping), by implementing effective stock control measures.
- Develop and implement best in class inventory count programs to ensure accurate reconciliation of stock and record accuracy. Manage and guide stock count teams across DCs.
- Exhibit hands on experience in data analytics, automation and system design review and enhancement
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required.
- Review analyses of non-conformities, discuss audit findings across the organization and suggest recommendations.
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure corrective action has been implemented.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings with key stakeholders.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Identify and evaluate control lapses/policy inadequacies through investigations for process improvement.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled (spot checks) audit visits to DRYVA warehouses across the country.
- Maintain the whistleblowing channels of the Company and provide periodic reports to the CEO.Conduct investigations on reported cases of fraud and misconduct and prepare investigation reports.
- Review daily data entry into the ERP to ensure data integrity and inventory accuracy.
- Lead the entire company internal audit’s annual planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the company and its key stakeholders agents, company activities and other customers
- Work with strategic third parties and agents as well as internal resources on investigations and communications to regulators as may be required from time to time while maintaining the strictest confidentiality
- Examine documentation, perform substantive and compliance tests, as well as control self-audits; performs analytical reviews, and summarizes work performed, exceptions, findings and recommendations noted during an audit in an audit memo
- Monitor and control Operational Budget and Capital Expenditure Budget (CAPER).
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to management and/or risk committees.
- Any other task as assigned by the CEO
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- First Degree in accounting, finance from an accredited university
- Professional certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, or other relevant higher business degree
- Minimum of 7 years related experience
- Master’s degree accounting & finance might be an added advantage.
- Expert in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Advanced computer skills, and familiarity with accounting software and databases
- Good knowledge and usage of ERP/Sage
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work well within a team environment and build relationships
- Systematic approach to work, good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proven and advanced knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- Proactive, cooperative, and supportive team player
How to Apply for this Offer
To apply for this role, interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Internal Audit & Controls Manager jobs