7 days ago
Job title : Import / Export Documentation Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 03, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Coordinate different Supply Chain activities affecting all stages of the order cycle, to ensure effectiveness, productivity, and internal/external customer satisfaction. Processes orders and optimize Shipping, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Insurance, and Clearance resulting in cost efficiencies timely delivery.
- Plan, administer, and coordinate logistics activities of the full order cycle- from start to finish, to ensure meeting deadlines and satisfying customers.
- Coordinate with internal/external customers to understand and fulfil their requirements.
- Arrange with finance team the opening of LCs and follow up on payments to suppliers.
- Release shipping documents after careful revision to avoid delays and extra costs.
- Communicate with shipping lines and freight forwarders to ensure prompt delivery.
- Maintain an updated tracking sheet for all shipments, identify gaps, provide solutions, and share updates with stakeholders.
- Respond to customer inquiries on timely manner and refer clients to the appropriate channels.
- Address problems or complaints that may arise quickly and amicably.
- Manage the inventory in the free trade zones and monitor the same at business unit for optimised level.
- Continually review and optimize freight, insurance, clearance and transportation costs.
- Utilize logistics IT to manage the tracking of orders and optimize operations.
- Analyse all the phases of the order cycle and suggest process improvements to streamlines logistics activities.
- Comply with all regulations, laws, and policies to ensure smooth process.
- Maintain accurate records and accounts of deliveries through sound audit procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; CSC is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Strong knowledge of incoterms
- Solid knowledge of international forwarder’s law and shipping acronyms
- Solid exposure to documentary credits and LC.
- Strong organizational, problem?solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Effective Time Management with demonstrated ability to Manage tasks effectively.
- Strong computer skills (use of Microsoft Office Products- Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good Negotiation Skills.
- Possess personal qualities of Integrity, Respect, and Commitment to corporate values and mission.
- Vision & Direction- Aware of development in the field; ability to plan own work, with high attention to details needed for flawless execution.
- Leadership- Focus on goals; commitment to drive execution.
- Change leadership- demonstrate a positive attitude towards change; embrace and cascade change in own area.
- Creativity and Innovation- develop innovative solutions and working methods that add value to the organization; come up with new ideas and new ways to overcome obstacles.
- Talent development- develop self and share expertise and feedback with others.
- High energy with a strong drive to achieve objectives; proactive to anticipate and overcome obstacles; high commitment and accountability for own work.
- Customer orientation, to meet customer expectations and build win-win long-term relations based on trust.
- Solid Interpersonal, Communication, and Collaboration abilities- carry on clear and effective written and verbal communication; demonstrate objectivity, openness and acceptance of others ideas.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Store Keeping/Procurement jobs
- Import / Export Documentation Officer jobs