Choice Dental’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Hygienist/Dental Therapist jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 31, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Essential responsibilities: Others may be assigned
- Welcome and seat patients cheerfully.
- Prepare and properly set up treatment rooms for hygiene procedures.
- Review and update patient’s health history; chart progress, treatments, and home care compliance.
- Clean calculus deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments, including scaling and root planning for patients with periodontal disease
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Assess and evaluate patient through exam, patient records, and patient’s medical history to assist in diagnosis of dental hygiene problems, disease, and efficacy of administered treatment plans.
- Recognize early signs of periodontal disease; chart restorations and notate areas of concern.
- Develop and present treatment plans.
- Capture x-rays, process, download and mount for doctor to view; capable of interpreting x-rays independently.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease; communicate findings to patient and doctor.
- Selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth, as needed.
- Educate and motivate patient on proper oral hygiene and corrective/preventative measures.
- Work chair side with Dentist as needed, assist doctor in hygiene examination.
- Schedule appropriate re-care appointments.
- Maintain hygiene hand pieces and instruments in good repair and sufficient supply.
- fitting orthodontic headgear, facebows, tooth separators and bonded retainers
- taking impressions
- Placing brackets and bands on teeth
- Giving advice on appliance care
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Associate’s Degree from ADA accredited dental hygienist school; Current State Licensure; CPR Certification; Preferred one-year dental experience.
- Certified in anesthesia and/or Sedation, if appropriate
- Ability to perform basic dental procedures
- A high level of manual dexterity (be good with your hands)
- Good eyesight
- Good physical health
- A friendly and sympathetic approach with a calm, confident and reassuring manner
- An ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Ability to use initiative and make informed judgment
- Ability to use the computer
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Have very good time management and organizational skills to manage the administrative aspects of the job.
N66,000 – N130,000
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Nigeria
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Lagos
*Hygienist/Dental Therapist in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.