Job title : Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (HDP) Coordinator
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 06, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
DRC is seeking a dynamic person to fill the role of Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding Coordinator for its Nigeria country programme. This position will be responsible for developing relevant and effective programme strategy and ensuring effective representation and advocacy in the areas of social cohesion, peacebuilding, as well as contributing to the overall development and quality of the humanitarian disarmament portfolio and capacity building.
Duties & Responsabilities
Staff capacity development
- Provide technical support to peacebuilding staff to enhance their relevant skills and capacities to deliver programmes and projects effectively and with quality.
- In coordination with the DRC HoP and Operations Manager, provide capacity building support to humanitarian mine action staff in cross-cutting areas of project implementation such as reporting, quality assurance, conflict sensitivity and systematization of lessons learned and best practices.
- Provide guidance to all HDP staff on approaches to capacity development and guidance for engaging and working with national partners.
Programme Quality and Development and Strategy Development
- Lead on the design, formulation, and articulation of the technical components of peacebuilding/HDP programming through high-quality proposal development, in coordination with the Head of Programme and Programme Development Manager.
- Develop, in line with the 2025 Strategy and the overall HDP Sector Strategy and in close collaboration with HoP and other coordinators, a country sectoral strategy for HDP, and support with the integration of HDP within the broader country strategy process.
- Support the identification of new and innovative methods for the development of DRC’s peacebuilding programming across Nigeria and disseminate and operationalise guidance on developed practices from DRC’s HDP sector and monitor trends and practices from the broader peacebuilding and community safety communities of practice.
- Support quality programme assessments, baseline studies, reviews, and evaluations as well as impact assessments in close coordination with the regional HDP Coordinator, MEAL team, and HoP.
- Undertake a mapping of national peacebuilding and/or humanitarian mine action organizations whose vision, mission, and values align with DRC and hold potential for partnerships.
- Work closely with other sector leads to identify and develop areas for integration of HDP within DRC’s broader programmatic portfolio.
Fundraising, liaison, and communications
- Support the Head of Programme in resource mobilization efforts including technical liaison and engagement with donors, stakeholders, technical working groups, forums etc.
- Coordinate with other actors and stakeholders both at the local and national level to ensure that DRC’s HDP programming in well-linked into other related initiatives.
- Map donor priorities within given sector and identify new opportunities.
- Disseminate results in varied ways to enhance use in reports and in decision making.
- Ensure documentation and consolidation of success stories, in coordination with DRC’s communications specialist, which can be communicated externally and to ensure that DRC is able to articulate and document relevant best practice.
- Ensure adherence to DRC’s Age, Gender, and Diversity policy and AGD programmatic minimum standards.
- Ensure compliance with zero-tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
- Ensure compliance with DRC guidelines and policies on HR, admin, finance, and supply.
- Assist in developing job descriptions and in the recruitment of HDP staff (national and international)
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by and in discussion with the Head of Programme.
Duties & Responsabilities
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in peacebuilding or social cohesion programming, including with an international NGO.
- Experience and strong understanding of peacebuilding programmes is essential, with experience in and familiarity of humanitarian mine action desirable.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff in social cohesion and peacebuilding programming, and or conflict management, mediation, and dialogue facilitation.
- Proven experience with representation in Clusters, Working groups and other relevant technical bodies.
- Proven experience with impactfully engaging with stakeholders and advocacy initiatives.
- Proven experience with strategy development, fundraising, and advocacy.
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills and ability to work with diverse group of people from multiple nationalities
- Demonstrated commitment to apply an age, gender and diversity (AGD) and Conflict Sensitive approach to programming.
- Experience working with national partners in social cohesion initiatives desirable
- Master’s degree in political science, international development, peace and conflict studies or other relevant field. Postgraduate degree may be accepted in lieu of masters.
- Practical trainings or courses in peacebuilding, conflict management, mediation and dialogue facilitation.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (HDP) Coordinator jobs