Job title : Human Resources Specialist
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Collaborate with university departments to identify staffing needs and develop job descriptions.
- Oversee the recruitment process, including job postings, applicant screening, interviewing, and selection of candidates.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new employees, ensuring they complete the required paperwork, receive the necessary training, and become acclimated to the university’s culture and policies.
- Provide guidance and support to resolve employee concerns, conflicts, and workplace issues. Foster a positive work environment and promote effective communication among staff.
- Develop, update, and communicate HR policies and procedures that align with employment laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with labour laws and other HR-related legal requirements.
- Administer employee benefits programs, such as health insurance, and pension plans.
- Assist employees with benefit-related inquiries and issues.
- Collaborate with university leadership to develop and maintain competitive compensation structures.
- Administer salary and compensation adjustments, including performance evaluations and merit increases.
- Oversee the performance management process, including goal setting, feedback, evaluations, and performance improvement plans. Identify staff development needs and coordinate training and professional development opportunities. Maintain accurate personnel records, including employee information, benefits, and performance documentation, ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives to enhance employee morale, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Conduct employee surveys and gather feedback for continuous improvement.
- Stay current on HR-related laws and regulations, ensuring the university’s HR practices remain in compliance.
- Prepare and submit required HR-related reports and documentation.
- Utilize HR data and analytics to evaluate workforce trends, inform decision-making, and implement data-driven strategies.
- Uphold ethical standards in all HR practices and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive personnel information.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, or a related field.
- Three to five years experience in human resources, with proven experience in recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, and HR compliance.
- A strong understanding of employment laws and regulations at the local, state, and federal levels, as well as familiarity with HR best practices.
- Proficiency in recruitment and staffing processes, including job posting, candidate sourcing, interviewing, and selection. Experience with academic and non-academic recruitment is beneficial.
- The ability to handle employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, grievance handling, and creating a positive work environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing HR policies, procedures, and practices that align with legal requirements and institutional needs.
- Knowledge of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks. Proficiency in benefits administration and responding to employee benefit inquiries.
- Familiarity with compensation management, including salary structures, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
- Proficiency in using HR analytics and reporting tools to assess workforce trends, performance metrics, and make data-driven decisions.
- Experience in performance management processes, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and performance improvement plans.
- Knowledge of employee development and training strategies to support staff and faculty in enhancing their skills and knowledge.
- Experience in maintaining accurate personnel records, managing data, and ensuring data security and privacy.
- Proficiency in using HR management software, databases, and tools for HR administration and data management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with employees, university leadership, and external stakeholders.
- The ability to collaborate with various university departments and stakeholders to align HR strategies with the institution’s mission and objectives.
How to Apply for this Offer
If you’re ready to inspire and make a difference in the lives of our students, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your teaching philosophy and the department you are applying to. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources jobs
- Human Resources Specialist jobs