Reliable Steel & Plastic Ind. Ltd.’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Human Resources Officer
Job Location : Anambra
Deadline : Thursday, September 30, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
The Human Resource Officer role is responsible for supporting the human resource manager in implementing key strategic human resource policies and strategies. The job holder is expected to operationalize HR strategy across the HR value chain including recruitment and selection, performance management, learning and development, employee’s relation and grievance/dispute resolution amongst others.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Effectiveness and efficiency of recruitments
- Effectiveness/swiftness in closing manning gap and succession plan
- Staff discipline and grievance management
- Staff ethical conduct, attitude and alignment to corporate philosophy and values
- Staff bonding, welfare and work balance life
- Efficiency and effectiveness of staff retention/attrition rate
- Quality and adequacy of training/development program
Talent Acquisition and Management: Recruitment and selection process administration, On-boarding of new staff, Effective head count management, Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow- up to ensure training objectives are met.
Employee Relations: Implementation of employee wellbeing initiatives, Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation, Maintain and update policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed. In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
Learning and Development: Managing skills enhancement and professional development programmes within the allocated budget, Managing the design and delivery of training programmes in accordance with the needs of the Company, Evaluating the effectiveness of all trainings and L&D activities to identify areas of improved performance and to feed into future plans, Providing reports to management identifying Learning & Development trends and return on investment analyses.
Business Partnering and Organizational Development (Performance Management, and Engagement): Conduct monthly meetings with respective business units, Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.HR metrics measurement, monitoring and tracking, Implement Culture Change processes, Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention, Conduct the Performance Management process within group of assigned responsibility, Collect ongoing information regarding satisfaction of employee on salary packages and wage, working conditions etc., Implementation of tactical plans targeted at improving employee performance and engagement
Management and Supervisory:
- Checks on team throughout the day to be sure that any issues with working tools, personnel, safety, etc. are addressed promptly.
- Coaches and develops staff, while fostering a team atmosphere. Provides pep talks as needed and coaching for any performance issues.
- Assists employees with questions or problems they have regarding work assignments, priorities, safety, personnel issues, etc.
- Counsels employees when necessary and apply personnel actions as disciplinary action, transfer, promotion, termination of employment, etc. Documents any issues, counseling efforts, etc.
- Oversees training and orientation of new employees and offers additional training as needed. Offers re-training when necessary. Sets up and maintains cross training, as applicable.
- Serves as a role model to all employees. Conducts oneself professionally and abides by Company safety & personnel policies, SOPs, etc.
- Conduct safety and orientation training with new employees
- Identify issues of inefficiency, suggest and take action on improvement
- Review goals of HR team daily and identify root cause if goal was not obtained
- Set Performance expectation and target as well as review all supervising employees’ performance
- Conduct monthly performance appraisals for all supervising employees and communicate information to Head, HR & Admin.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- 2 -3years’ experience in Human Recourses Management and Administration.
- Experience in management.
- Understanding and knowledge of Human Capital Management and Business Partnering.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- The ability to develop and implement company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent supervision, business presentation, skills, Organization and leadership abilities, Self-motivated with a results-driven approach, Problem- solving skill