Job title : Human Resource Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 14, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
The HR Officer’s main responsibilities are to provide the necessary support to the Head of People and Culture in the country office. His/her key role is to manage all staff data including information on contracts and other related data, support the administration of staff benefit, Recruitment, Orientation, and performance management. This position maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong interpersonal skill; using his/her knowledge, the incumbent will deal with employees with high level of maturity, tact and diplomacy. The HR Officer must provide excellent employee relations, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, and complete projects with positive results. The role also supports the effective implementation of People & Culture standards and management in the Country office and support the promotion of organizational culture.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Staff Management:
- Lead on the promotion of organization culture by carrying out activities and demonstrating behaviours that deepen our values to build a values-based organization in the field office.
- Support Staff and line managers in effective people management.
- Support the effective management of the employee life cycle.
- Support proper implementation of CARE’s performance management system for all staff, from the development of annual performance objectives, regular feedback, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals.
- Proactively support line managers to address performance issues through regular, constructive, and honest feedback and coaching for direct reports
- Work with Line managers and head of P&C to identify necessary staff development and career development opportunities for direct reports.
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood, and followed by staff in the team.
- Support with the management of employee benefits.
Job Responsibility #2: Human Resource Administration and Operations:
- Maintain updated staff filing for all staff (active and exited staff) in the organization both soft on the HRIS system and hard in the designated filling cabinet.
- Support with the development and maintenance of staff database for ease of report generation and contract tracking.
- Support with development and socialisation of organizational policies and procedures.
- In the absence of the Head of People and Culture prepare and sharing quarterly staff report with leadership
Job Responsibility #3: Management of Recruitment and onboarding process:
- Support the Head of P&C in effective workforce planning ensuring that this fits into the Country Strategic plan for people and culture.
- Lead on effective recruitment and onboarding process for all staff in the field office.
- Support hiring managers to prepare job descriptions with competency profiles.
- Receive the recruitment requisition and JD, prepare appropriate vacancy for both internal and external announcement (and ensure timely placement of the vacancies.
- Manage the recruitment module on the HRIS software- Posting of adverts, circulation of advertisement, application screening process and candidate feedback process.
- Working with line manager, develop and maintain a database of written technical test and interview grids for all existing positions and work with coordination team to develop these tools for new positions.
- Participate in interview and prepare interview reports for approvals and documentation.
- Carry out all-pre-employment process/check- reference checks etc
- Working with the line manager develop an onboarding plan for all new staff before resumption and ensure new staff are fully inducted into the organization before the end of the probation period as stated on the contract.
Job Responsibility #4: Management of staff benefits:
- Support the onboarding and management of staff registration medical insurance and life insurance platform (upon resumption and end of contract)
- Support with Payroll administration by ensuring that all information related to payroll is received and filed in a timely manner.
- Act as contact person with the insurance providers to support staff access care and resolve any challenge with registration for all staff in the field office.
- Support in the management of Country Programme Training plan- development, monitoring and execution of the plan in line with identified capacity building needs.
- Participate in staff salary and benefits reviews and analysis.
- Provide support to staff and guide staff on all benefits as it applies to staff during their employment with CARE Nigeria.
Job Responsibility #5: Support effective Performance Review and staff Development Process:
- Support all filed office staff in the performance management process (goal setting, reviews, feedback session and appraisal)
- Monitor, follow-up with staff and line managers, collect and inform the Head of P&C of the status of probation for all new joiners and prepare Confirmation letters upon completion of the probation.
- Ensure the implementation of identified staff training and development activities.
- Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Contribute to CARE’s resource mobilization efforts
- A minimum qualification of a first degree in Human Resource, Administration, Management, and or any other relevant field
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resource in similar context
- Understanding of national labour law and employment norms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including, word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook (or similar software)
- Strong problem solving, analytical and operational abilities.
- Excellent planning; organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships.
- Knowledge of databases and skills needed to access & analyze information, basic analytical and statistical skills.
- Knowledge of HRIS software such as Seamless HR etc
- Professional Qualification (CIPM/SHRM/HRCI etc)
- Building Effective Teams
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Comfort around Higher management
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Agility
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Human Resources jobs
- Human Resource Officer jobs