Job title : Hub Coordinator (Programs)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health (YPE4AH) award is a five year (May 2020 May 2025) funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). It is being implemented by DAI in partnership with, Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative (YEDI), Women Friendly Initiative (WFI), Yellow Brick Road (YBR), and Grassroot Soccer (GRS).
- The program empowers young Nigerians to think about their futures differently and access the skills, social capital, and resources needed to realize their aspirations. The program works to improve the health and well-being of urban, low-income adolescents, ages 15 to 19, by increasing voluntary family planning uptake, situating family planning within a broader, more holistic context that encompasses:
- Enhancing youth life skills forhealthy living and futureplanning;
- Fostering an enabling social and policy environment for adolescent health and development; and
- Increasing youth workforce readiness, job opportunities, and entrepreneurship to address socioeconomic determinants of adolescent health.
- The youth-powered ecosystem centers on Youth Hubs?safe spaces for youth to seek and access FP and reproductive health (RH)
- information and referrals. YPE4AH will adapt and scale up evidence-based, high-impact SKILLZ
Technical / Managerial Tasks
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager/State Coordinator, develop a schedule for activities in the Youth Hubs and monitor delivery
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of the use of all assets, equipment, and furniture
- Responsible for coordinating the smooth running of the Hubs: SKILLZ, leadership, livelihood.
- Responsible for providing health-related information/counseling, coordinating Referrals and other services for adolescents in the Hubs
- Responsible for documentation of all Hub activities into designated tracking tools (collecting and filing service data and collating SKILLZ data from Youth coaches, Hub attendance register and feedback forms)
- Complete and submit monthly reports using approved monitoring and evaluation templates, including success stories
- Deliver bi-weekly mentoring sessions for SKILLZ Coaches
- Support monthly Hub check-in and quarterly learning meeting
- Monitor participation of Adolescents in interventions by tracking their daily/periodic attendance.
- Collate and supervise the pre-and-post intervention test.
- Monitor and Supervise program delivery for quality, identify gaps, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor completion of deliverables by SKILLZ Coaches Other Job-Related responsibilities
- Serve as a link between YPE4AH/YEDI staff and the SKILLZ Coaches
- Be a role model for adolescents in the community by demonstrating best practices for leadership, livelihoods, and accessing/adhering to family planning services.
- Stand against all forms of abuse and exploitation of project participants. A Coach will immediately report any suspicion or acts of abuse to the Hub Coordinator for action and referral.
- Participate in all training activities for the project- SKILLZ, Leadership, M&E.
- Undertake periodic trainings on US Abortion and FP Requirements, and Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance and Statutory Abortion Restrictions
- Ensure compliance of SKILLZ Coaches with Child Protection policies and Protecting Life in Global Health provision
- Deliver and facilitate sessions using the YPE4AH SKILLZ curriculum and other curricula as necessary.
- Together with YEDI YPE4AH Program and Training Managers/ State Coordinator, conduct training and refresher training for Coaches on the YPE4AH SKILLZ curriculums.
- Together with the Program Manager/ State Coordinator, lead community engagement efforts including stakeholder engagement, SKILLZ Holiday Camps, community, and mobile health outreaches.
- Minimum of HND or First Degree in Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- At least 3 years of working experience in programming and community-level implementation.
- Experience of working with young people on sensitive topics including family planning, sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence, etc.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation or capturing learning for projects
- Ability to communicate in the local language preferred by young people.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to write concise, analytical, and accurate reports to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to relate well and build a rapport with a diverse range of people.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested candidates should please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com using Hub coordinator Programs as the subject line of the email.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Hub Coordinator (Programs) jobs