Palladium Group’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : HSS Coordinator – Task Order 5 jobs in Sokoto
Job Location : Sokoto
Deadline : 15-Oct-21
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: req12055
Location: Sobon Birni, Sokoto
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks an HSS Coordinator for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program ÛÒ Task Order 5 ÛÒ Sobon Birni. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 5 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Sokoto state to strengthen the state government area, and ward-level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services b) improve access to PHC services, and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with the state government are expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 5 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with another Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The Health System Coordinators shall be based at strategically located Sobon Birni Local Government Health Authority.
- The IHP Health System Strengthening coordinators will be responsible for providing technical assistance and capacity building across the building blocks of the health system and enhance the utilization of data for decision-making and apply adaptive management at the LGHA, PHC and community to continually strengthen accountability, systems and services for reduced child and maternal morbidity and mortality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and support LGHA officials to adopt and effectively implement state-wide policies including, but not limited to, Primary Health Care Under One Roof, PHC revitalization, Integrated Supportive Supervision, and integrated RMNCH+N and malaria
- Build capacity of LGHAs to strengthen Facility Management Committees, Quality Improvement Teams and Ward Development Committees to fulfil their functions and work with health providers to improve integrated primary health care.
- Provide guidance to LGHAÛªs to enhance HRH availability and performance of integrated primary health care through appropriate training, mentoring and integrated supportive supervision to the facility and community-based structures
- Support the implementation of strategic plans for Human Resources for Health at the LGHA and PHC levels that are based on evidence and are designed to support improvements in RMNCH+N and malaria
- Provide technical leadership to and build the capacity of LGHA officials to use available data and information to make strategic decisions for planning, budgeting and supervising systems for health financing, health workforce, service delivery, supply chain, governance and accountability
- Works with LGHAs to strengthen institutional and financial capacity for quality PHC service delivery, incorporating new and innovative approaches as appropriate for FMCs and WDCs
- Participate in catchment LGHAsÛª planning meetings, to provide guidance and adapt/target IHP technical assistance plans, as necessary to address needs
- Conduct regular internal review and analysis of program and quality improvement data for catchment LGHAs to determine progress towards goals and gaps and develop plans for technical assistance to address gaps.
- Provide support to LGHA and facility officials to explore opportunities to collaborate with the private sector to improve RMNCH health outcomes
- Coordinate scheduling of program-wide technical assistance activities for catchment LGHAs
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep the state management team informed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor which contributes to the achievement of program goals
- Reports to the State IHP Governance and Leadership advisor
- A Graduate Degree in Public Health, Health Planning, Health Policy or related courses with extensive field experience in managing health programs in Nigeria.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Health Systems or Public Health will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on Health Systems Strengthening in developing countries, preferably in Nigeria
- The HSS Coordinator must be an experienced professional in the field of health systems strengthening, primary health care, and have capacity building and project management experience in public health programs
- The HSS Coordinator must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs
- Demonstratable capacity to network and negotiate with key stakeholders across different sectors in support of health
- Strong skills in design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. health systems strengthening, qual training, supportive supervision, advocacy and coordination
- Excellent facilitation and mentoring skillsÛª supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation; and computer literacy in spreadsheets is a must
- Experience with technical assistance for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Fluent in English, and Hausa and/or Fulfulde
- Willingness to travel throughout State as necessary.
*HSS Coordinator – Task Order 5 jobs in Nigeria
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Sokoto
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to apply online
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Nigeria