Job title : HSE Officer
Job Location : Delta
Deadline : September 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- To work proactively with managers who seek to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organization thereby reducing the risk of potential losses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the inspection of trucks periodically to ascertain roadworthiness as well as escalate any current or potential issues.
- Perform periodic safety drills e.g., fire drills to ascertain the workers understand the process in case of an emergency.
- Ensure that the business is compliant with statutory, regulatory, industry, and other HSE requirements.
- Identify potential business hazards and make recommendations where necessary to the Head of Safety.
- Supervise the implementation of designed safety policies and procedures.
- Inspect safety tools and equipment e.g., sprinklers, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant external agencies and emergency response service providers (e.g. Fire Service, emergency services, HMO, environmental agency, etc.)
- Make sure that personal protective equipment, such as dust masks, safety glasses, footwear, and safety helmets, is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
- Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections, and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in facilities.
- Coordinate emergency procedures, Depot rescues, firefighting, and first aid crews.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in the Safety and/or Environment role in the Oil & Gas or Manufacturing Industry
- Minimum of HND in Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences, Administration, or Humanities.
- HSE Certifications are desired.
How to Apply for this Offer
If qualified, kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Security / Safety jobs
- HSE Officer jobs