Job title : HSE Lead
Job Location : Kaduna
Deadline : March 05, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and compliant working environment for employees engaged in NPK Plant production including New projects construction and commissioning projects for TAK Agro by overseeing safety inspections for new projects, identification, and management of material needs (PPEs), OSHA & ISO compliance, IMS participations and implementations, and ensuring that safety incident rate in various NPK Production activities is below industry standards.
- Plan and Conduct safety training for NPK Plant operations.
- Work closely with project Heads/Teams to address and rectify safety concerns promptly by conducting thorough safety inspections for NPK Plant Production including new projects, and providing/producing detailed reports within specified timelines
- Implement efficient inventory management practices to avoid delays in obtaining necessary safety materials for project/construction site workers by achieving specified fulfilment rate for material (PPEs) needs identification, requisitions and management.
- Conduct regular safety Trainings, briefings and orientations, ensuring documented participation for projects/construction site activities-welding, rigging, scaffolding including entry procedures for confined space work to maintain a safety incident rate below industry standards
- Conduct regular internal safety audits and inspections, addressing non-compliance issues promptly and collaborating with project teams to integrate IMS/OSHA/ISO standards into safety protocols.
- Conduct periodic Radiation survey as a Radiation Safety officer if required
- Keeping safety department equipment and gas detectors in good health and ensure schedule calibration / certificate is done.
- Controls / Monitors the issuance of PPE to all employees and contractors.
- Involves in Incident investigation and analysis
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by management
- Minimum 10 years of industrial Experience in Petrochemical or Fertilizer industry or related field
- Strong knowledge of OSHA & ISO, regulations, IMS standards, and safety best practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have coordinating abilities that are of the highest standards
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team or even lead a team if the need arises
- Computer literate
- Training hours
- Compliance to recommendations from various sources (audits, incident investigations, etc.)
- Contribution in achieving site HSEF KPIs
- Contribution in implementing site safety improvement plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Chemical/Environmental Engineering, Science, or a related field.
- Certification in Safety
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- HSE Lead jobs