About HRLeverage Africa’s Job offer
Job title : Import Officer
Quick Recommended Links
- We are recruiting for candidates to manage data for international shipments and provide support for many steps of the transportation process.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries.
- Preparation of PO as per Import Requirement.
- Checking of PFI to be in line with Form M and PO.
- Application of Import Permit, Son Activation, Form M Application and LC Application and LC Amendment.
- Co-ordination of all Form M activities, Online registration and monitoring.
- Liaise with supplier on shipment schedules
- Follow up with supplier on copy documents
- Checking of copy docs/ post shipment docs that are in line with Form M and LC.
- Applying for PAAR and liaise with banks for approvals and follow up on original shipping docs
- Liaise with shipping Line for Import and Demurrage Invoices.
- Liaise with Agents on Clearance of containers, return of containers and exchange control docs.
- Preparation of Exchange Control docs for Banks & Demurrage calculation & settlement of Clearing Agent Invoice.
- Checking of all import related expenses, son, shipping terminal and etc.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Tariff codes.
- Co-ordination and liaising with NAFDAC for all shipping procedures.
- Monitoring of Shipment from source to final Destination
- Good Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Reference in Shipping Line and Terminals, SON and NAFDAC will be added advantage.
- Preparation of Proforma Invoice
- Apply NXP online and liaise with Banks for approvals
- Preparation of Pre Shipment and post-shipment docs
- Liaise with shipping lines for freights and Shipping booking, Vessel Schedules
- Follow up with Agent for Gate in of containers
- Filling of Shipping Instructions before SI cutoffs in coordination with supplier
- Checking of Terminal Charges, shipping charges and Freight invoices.
- Preparation and Submitting of docs as per NEPC.
- Minimum of a first degree in any related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant working experience as an import officer in a manufacturing company.
- Good managerial skills.
- Knowledge of import duties
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess high negotiation skills
- Must be highly resourceful and result oriented.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Intelplatform@yahoo.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.