International Rescue Committee’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : HR / Admin Officer jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : November 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: req20923
Location: Monguno, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
- The HR & Admin Officer reports to the Human Resources Manager in Maiduguri.
- The Human Resources & Admin officer will be responsible in all HR matters, functions and general office management of the IRC office in Monguno, and to assist the HR Manager & the HR Lead in all related HR & Admin functions and ensuring compliance with IRC Way.
- Ensure compliance to hiring policies and procedures.
- Support in the recruitment cycle, along with our recruitment team
- Manage staff contracts and all personal files, & track the new hires on boarding, this includes file all their new paper works in both personal & E personal files.
- Liaise with the hiring managers regarding staff contracts, paperwork, ATCs & all other documents related to the new hires
- Compile and submit updated IRC Monguno contact List by the 1st of every month.
- Follow up on employeeÛªs benefits; health insurance, life insurance, & social security.
- Maintain knowledge of national staff entitlements and benefits.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record, and follow up on leaves for all staff, make sure that everything is reflected on the report.
- Make sure to collect the timesheet for all staff on a timely manner and track it.
- Maintain tracking for the IRC staff emails, and coordinate with IT department for any new updates in this regard.
- Make sure to follow up correctly on the exit process following the IRC internal manual & practice for all employees and release the final settlement and other paperwork to Finance department on a timely manner.
- Always maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the HR Manager and HR Lead
- Assist in ensuring payment request for office consumables are raised
- Provide support for New Hire orientation and onboarding including communicating orientation timetables to all facilitators, coordinate new hire documentation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives as may be required.
- Work with the HR Manager to identify and assess training needs and development opportunities using staff performance and development plans as a standard and working with Unit Heads.
- Facilitate staff annual PME processes.
- Provide regular briefings to HR Manager and Coordinator on HR matters, including the status of trainings, leave balances, timesheet submission etc.
- Serve as a link between the HR and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems in consultation with HR Manager and Coordinator.
- Educate and support management & staff in implementation of HR programs, practices and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage lease agreement in close coordination with senior Admin officer Maiduguri.
- Manage Guest house and supervise Admin Assistant.
- University Degree in Management, Human Resources, Administration or related fields.
- Approximately 2 – 4 years of professional experience in Administration/Office Management.
- Previous experience with Human Resources generalist.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Teamwork skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility in teamwork.
- Report to supervisor on variances and statuses on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to enter and retrieve data and information accurately and rapidly.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor law/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to IRC Nigeria.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- The position will be based in Monguno, Borno State.
*Administrative / Management jobs in Nigeria
*Administrative / Management jobs in Borno
*HR / Admin Officer in Borno
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online