BARIEL Medical Center’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : HMO/Billing Officer
Job Location : Rivers
Deadline : October 10, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Ensure proper identification and verification of patient and qualification for HMO benefit coverage.
- Obtain PA codes (via mails or phone calls) when required before any treatment or procedure.
- Properly document correct billable diagnosis, investigations, procedures and medications) for billing purposes.
- Prepare and submit all hospital bills (by paper or electronic) based on agreed tariff ahead of deadlines.
- Collate the bills for each month and conduct post-payment reconciliation on all bills and denials.
- Aggressively pursue all hospital bill nonpayments, underpayments, and denials to ensure no revenue loss.
- Performs other HMO/Billing and administrative duties, as may be necessary or assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A MEDICAL CLERK/HMO OFFICER AT BMC:
- Graduate/HND in (Accounting, Finance, Bus. Admin) with 1-2 years post-NYSC Hospital work-experience.
- Must have 1-2 years’ hospital work experience as HMO/Billing officer.
- Must be knowledgeable in medical terminology, ICD-10 coding, and billing for procedures and services.
- Must have good command of written and spoken English and use of Hospital computer/software systems.
- Must have good customer service, interpersonal relationship, and health information management skills.
- Only candidate residing (or relocating to) near the hospital premises will be considered.
How to Apply for this Offer
Send a hand-written application, CV and attach photocopy of your medical CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and qualifications to: INFO@BARIEL-MED.COM
You may apply in person at the hospital or by contacting the Manager at 08033408296