Job title : HERON Procurement Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
IRC is seeking an experienced procurement professional to provide support to HeRON consortium program in carrying out logistical and supply chain tasks for the project.
Under the direct supervision of HeRON Consortium Pharmacy Manager, with technical reference to the Senior Pharmacy Manager and the Senior Supply Chain Manager, the post bearer will provide the needed logistical and procurement support to the consortium and HeRON field teams.
Working in close collaboration with the Consortium leadership and SC, He/she will be responsible for applying IRC and donors’ procurement related policies and regulations, supporting the evaluation of suppliers of goods, services, and pharmaceutical products, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
Procurement Policies, Standards and Coordination:
- Ensures that goods, services, and pharmaceutical products are only procured from IRC validated and/or donors’ recommended suppliers.
- Depending on the kind of supplier and the kind of validation, different specifications or pre-requisites must be specified when processing the orders
- Ensures that the supplier meets donors’ and/or IRC requirements as per IRC procurement related SOPs
- Coordinate with supply chain, consortium leadership, and finance on troubleshooting project related supply chain issues.
- Ensure that IRC’s supply chain monitoring and control standards are always adhered to.
- Provide TA and capacity building to all tiers of the government of Nigeria and to strengthen national/state systems for procurement and supply chain management of health commodities.
- Provide Logistics support to HeRoN partners focusing on reporting, distribution, shipping, storage, and warehousing of commodities.
- To provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems.
- Work with the state team/GON team in developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Support the state government team in the development of warehousing and distribution budgets Conduct periodic visits to facility warehouses to follow up on all warehouse-related matters such as the environment, sterilization, refrigeration etc. and generate reports to management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with regulations; ensure safety code and quality compliance are met daily and report any issues arising to the Pharmacy manager.
- Work with the Pharmacy Manager and HeRoN partner teams in designing coordinated systems HeRoN to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance to reduce stock-outs, eliminate waste and lower costs jointly with the government.
- Ensure that all distribution documentation for health commodities in the project with funding agencies, suppliers, implementing partners and regulatory bodies is complete and compliant.
- Work with the state team to institute data entries into the health commodity platforms.
Procurement Procedures, Management & Reporting
- Ensure goods, services and pharmaceutical products are timely delivered, and with the required/specified quality
- Issue and follow up on purchase orders to vendors
- Follow up all commercial issues of quality problems and claims with the supplier’s sales department.
- Purchase requested items and quantities according to purchasing policies.
- Participates in assessment of product samples for training purposes to increase her/his knowledge about products and quality standards.
- Manage the timely payment of vendors for delivered items
- Coordination with Finance and consortium leadership to ensure integrated internal controls, timely procurement of goods and services, with full auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Establish and maintain suppliers’ files (except documents related to quality assurance).
- Establish selection tables of validated products from validated suppliers and select products based on prices, availability, delivery lead time and desired dosage forms and strengths (for pharma commodities).
- Submit weekly reports with updates on status of all HeRON procurement.
Logistics Support, Liaison and Operations:
- Assist HeRON consortium team in working effectively to improve procurement planning and resource utilization.
- Ensure delivered shipments are cleared on time and delivered to respective project field locations.
- Maintain knowledge of local government requirements related to supply chain matters and ensure compliance with legal requirements on tax exemptions and customs clearance.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring movements of international pharmaceutical procurements
- Carry out any other tasks as deemed relevant by the supervisor.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Line Manager: Senior HeRON Pharmacy Manager
- Indirect/Technical: IRC’s Senior Procurement Manager, HeRON Consortium Pharmacy Manager, IRC’s Senior Pharmacy Manager, Supply Chain Manager,
- Working Collaboration: HeRON Managers, Finance & SC.
- Position directly Supervises: N/A
- Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Supply Chain, HeRON Consortium Leadership
- Region/Global: N/A
- Key External Contacts: N/A
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Business managements, Procurements or Logistics
- Post graduate Diploma or master’s in Procurement & supply chain management is an added advantage
Work Experience, Required Technical Skills & Leadership Competencies:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with logistics and operations support for health programs,
- Good skills in logistics support required
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle a large and dynamic workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose, and values.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- HERON Procurement Officer jobs