Job title : Health, Safety and Security Officer
Job Location : Plateau
Deadline : November 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Implement NRC’s HSS Policies and guidelines in Plateau State
- Conduct regular security risk assessments (SRA) of NRC offices, Guest Houses in order to implement mitigation measures guided by the MOISS standards. Support the HSS Manager and AM in conducting Security Risk Assessment (SRA) workshop for the Area Offices as per the Annex 4 and conduct other rapid SRA on need basis. Ensure mitigation action plan are budgeted for and implemented.
- Conduct HSS Briefing and Induction to all staff, new hired and visitors to Plateau state. Keep recorded of all briefing conducted following the informed consent guideline.
- Supervise contacted security guards and act as liaison with the security guard company management.
- Ensure that all incidents impacting NRC staff, assets and programs in Plateau are reported and documented in NRC Protect Platform.
- Develop a staff travel tracking system in collaboration with the HSS CMC in Maiduguri Country Office.
- Liaison with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors for the purposes of information sharing and collaboration in Plateau State.
- Collate and prepare a weekly security report of Plateau state and submitting to AM and HSSM. This will also include conduct regular conflict analysis/research in the areas of implementation and submitting findings to AM and HSSC/M.
- Work closely with HSS Humanitarian Access team to report, track and monitor access challenges, enablers and constraints.
- Give regular daily context update to the Area Manager and staff before commencement of field activities.
- Make available different key contact persons in different LGA where NRC will be implementing activities.
- Support the HSS Manager to facilitate an ongoing culture of learning as it relates to health, safety and security. Support in conducting mandatory training (HEIST, Field First Aid, HEAT, CMT) in line with NRC policies and the country Learning & Development Plan. Organize other bespoke onsite training based on assessed need.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders
- Strong Report-writing ability and security incident analysis. This will include conflict analysis and research capabilities.
- 1 to 3 years of working experience within a similar function in safety and security management with INGOs, the UN, or government or private sector.
- Previous experience from working in complex and emergency contexts, particularly in the North East Nigeria is desired
- University Degree in Social Studies, Administration, Security Management, Humanitarian/Refugee Affairs, Peace & Conflict, and/or Disaster Management. HND in relevant similar field will be considered.
- Previous work experience and service in the uniformed forces (military, police, Prisons, NSCDC, etc) is a desired advantage. Certificate of good service discharge will be required.
- Basic and advance computer skills is mandatory ( MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook). Ability to create and analyse incident data.
- Working skills of communication equipment (VHF Radio, Satellite Phones, GPS tracker, CCTV)
- Basic web based mapping knowledge or GIS,
- Hold a valid Security Risk Management Professional Certification from recognized national or international institutes.
- Valid driver’s license (Driving test to be conducted before being authorized to drive NRC vehicle)
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Security / Safety jobs
- Health, Safety and Security Officer jobs