Job title : Health Economist
Job Location : Enugu
Deadline : September 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Corona Management Systems is recruiting for a Health Economics Specialist to join our team, working out of Enugu State, Nigeria. The holder of this position will develop the organization’s capacity to support policy costing using the one-health tool, support costing of improved and new delivery strategies and interventions towards strong and resilient health systems, and contribute to cost-effectiveness analysis of interventions to strengthen capacity to track Value for Money (VfM) across projects and the programmes and systems that we support. The post-holder will also focus on supporting the design and leading the implementation of economic evaluations to inform policies, decision-making, and resource allocation. The post-holder will also provide technical assistance to Ministries of Health and other partners and contribute to the evaluation of the benefits of new or proposed health policies. The post-holder will be actively involved in organizational activities such as working groups, business areas, and communities of practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in health economics, excellent analytical and research skills, and the ability to communicate complex economic concepts effectively.
- Conduct economic evaluations and analyses of public health interventions, treatments, and programmes.
- Develop and/or adapt economic models to assess the value and impact of public health intervention.
- Identify and collect relevant economic data from various sources, including literature reviews and databases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including clinicians, researchers, and policymakers, to provide economic insights and recommendations.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and publications summarising research findings from costing studies and economic evaluations.
- Provide guidance and support for the design of health economics-related projects.
- A degree in economics, medical or health sciences, public health, mathematics, statistics or other relevant area in development.
- A postgraduate qualification in health economics.
- Significant experience of undertaking costing exercises and economic evaluations.
- Experience building health economic models from scratch e.g., cost-effectiveness, budget impact, and Markov models.
- Experience in using decision analysis methods and software.
- Proficiency in the use of the One-Health costing Tool.
- Proficiency in statistical software packages (e.g., R, Stata, SAS) and economic modelling software (e.g., TreeAge, Excel-based modelling).
- Experience in developing the technical capabilities of colleagues through coaching, mentoring, training, or line management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team; and
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Extensive experience working in a global or international organisation, at mid-level and with high performance.
- Substantial experience working in a technical support capacity with Ministries of health, international agencies and non-Governmental organisations.
- Demonstratable experience in proposal or bid writing, with recent experience of successful submissions.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing policy and practice at national, sub-national or global levels; and
- Experience conducting systematic literature reviews.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including Health Insurance, Pensions, and 21 leave days per annum
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects.
- Chance to make a real difference in the health of the population.
The location for this role is Enugu
Corona Management Systems operates with the belief that committed individuals who have a passion for solving problems, can with the right tools change the world. Our mission is to champion the delivery of country-owned high-impact interventions for health including nutrition and food sufficiency, WASH, gender, and economic empowerment) through advocacy, community engagement and technical support for policy development and for the use of data for action in improving governance and service delivery. CMS succeeds by leveraging community assets, institutionalizing data use for action, and deploying information and communications technology (ICT). If you believe that you are the right fit for our organization and for this role, we encourage you to apply for this position.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research / Data Analysis jobs
- Health Economist jobs