Job title : Head, Regulatory Compliance
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 03, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
To ensure adherence to regulatory policies and directives by Planning, implementing, and monitoring risk-related programs. Implement and manage an effective Due Diligence program by creating and coordinating procedures for onboarding high risk customers. Developing an effective compliance communication strategy by developing, coordinating, and scheduling required compliance training for employees.
- Interfaces with key regulatory agencies and Law Enforcement agencies i.e. NDIC, CBN, FIRS, EFCC, NPF, NCS, DSS, NDLEA etc. Liaise with regulators as advised by CCO/co-ordinate requirements for routine regulatory examination.
- Coordinates responses to regulatory/law enforcement letters of enquiry i.e. EFCC, CBN, NDLEA. Respond to Law enforcement enquiries with a turnaround time of 48hrs.
- Prepares and implement the compliance AML/CFT training programme. To identify gaps and enable the development of tailored training programme which will cultivate the required skill set to drive the expected change.
- Administers the Compliance Help Desk and provides daily reports on emerging compliance issues, new regulations and other compliance events.
- Compiles and consolidates Frequently asked Questions on all Compliance areas of Concern and emerging risk.
- To send out weekly compliance Nuggets to stakeholders based on observed compliance risk.
- Implements and monitor the adherence to compliance. Promoting compliance awareness and culture. Offer Compliance Advisory to SBU and Staff on Compliance Matters
- Designs compliance fliers and memos that are targeted at educating staff on various areas of compliance.
- Carries out routine Compliance check on the Bank compliance Status on regulatory directives and provide feedback to CCO.
- Conducts Due Diligence on specific subject of interest seeking to establish relationship with the bank, in line with CDD procedures for correspondent banks, financial partners and high-risk customers.
- Carries out Due Diligence review on FCY transfers (incoming/outgoing). Maintain and periodically review the Good guy list on FCY transfers for expiration of approvals and qualification of new customers for inclusion.
- Carries out Due Diligence on Fintech Merchants and assess Regulatory and Money laundering risk. Continuous monitoring of Fintech related activities.
- Coordinates Correspondent bank AML status KYC/CDD verification /calls/visits and make relevant reports.
- Monitors and maintain dashboard on all High-risk accounts bank-wide, and tracks and update KYC status of high-risk accounts bank-wide.
- Prepares monthly reports on all activities of the Regulatory Compliance (Advisory) & Customer Due Diligence desk for the month under review.
- Consolidates and prepares half-year and full-year reports on all activities of the Regulatory Compliance (Advisory) & Customer Due desk within the period under review.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in any course of study
- At least 5 years banking experience in compliance, internal control & operations
- Professional Compliance Certification (CAMS, CRCMP AND DCP) preferred.
- Understanding of risk & regulatory requirements
- Knowledge and use of technology-based tools for controls and data security compliance.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Head, Regulatory Compliance jobs