A Technology Company’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Head of Unit HR jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Maintains the work structure by ensuring that team leads update job requirements and job descriptions for themselves and all their direct reports. Be responsible for all Admin and HR management and development including
- Recruitment & Selection: Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruitment timetable, drafting and placing advert via e-recruitment systems, arranging and sitting in interview panels and testing, and ensuring it complies with safe recruitment practices and compliance inclusive of background checks; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes where necessary.
- On-boarding and Induction: administer the process through which new employees are taken aboard and indoctrinated. Processing of all pre-employment checks. Conducts induction meetings with new employees and liaises with departmental heads and managers in ensuring that they are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities in the induction process.
- Performance Appraisal: Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- HR and Admin Policy Initiatives: To assist and advise Company managers/directors on HR and Admin policy, practice, procedure, and issues.
- Conduct: To represent the company in a positive, professional manner at all times
- Employee Compensation: Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Compliance: Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Management Reports: Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures. Updating management via weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on all HR and Admin functions
- Employee Records: Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Training & Development/ Competency Matrix: Develop a competency matrix by consulting with Managers/Team Leads to manage a training plan that details required training that is delivered within the agreed/specific timescales and ensure outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on. Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring this objective
- Analytics: Maintain an HR database consistently and accurately that reflects the current staff details and conditions. This is inclusive of inputting starters and leavers and changing details. Appropriate reports from the human resources database for monitoring and auditing employee data, training, and performance, among other processes.
- Budget Development & Control: Develop an HR budget in line with the companys objectives. Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of all cost items and expenditures within agreed budgets.
- Succession planning: Incorporated into the department plans and ensure training and development are aligned to support the plan
- Proven experience as HR Generalist.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office and HRMS.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA/MSC in Human Resource, Business Administration, or any relevant field.
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.