Millie’s British International School’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Head of School jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 31, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Are you a highly organised leader looking for your next challenge?
- We are looking for a trustworthy and personable Head of School to join our school.
- Maintaining a visible, approachable and welcoming stance for parents and other stakeholders of the school.
- Implementing policies, systems, and procedures, and generally ensuring the school operates smoothly and efficiently
- Ensuring the effective delivery of high-quality teaching and the maintenance of academic standards
- Assisting with public relations and marketing activities for the promotion of the school
- Managing the student life cycle from registration/admission to graduation/leaving
- Dealing with queries and complaints procedures
- Coordinating examination and assessment processes
- Liaising with government agencies, contractors/vendors and prospective parents that may visit the school
- Generating statutory and non-statutory reports and returns to the Local Authority and government as required, in a timely manner, meeting deadlines; dealing with queries and complaints procedures
- Undertaking word processing, IT-based tasks and school correspondences
- Have responsibility for establishing and maintaining high moral and disciplinary standards
- Have responsibility for ensuring the health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors to the school
- Ensuring parents’ interest and participation in the school are encouraged and sustained
- Organising and facilitating a variety of educational or social activities.
- Deals with recruitment, onboarding of new school staff, reviews and development.
- Must reside in Ibadan and be able to easily commute to Jericho, Ibadan
- BA / B.Ed in English and a Master’s Degree in Education Administration/Management.
- A professional certification in Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Must have at least ten (10) years of experience in the educational sector of which five must have been in a strategic leadership role, managing personnel of a reputable international school
- Quality exposure to the British National curriculum is a MUST.
- Preferably female, with poise, you should be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a commitment to be part of a great team to serve the school community
- Must possess qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with pupils, parents, staff and senior management
- Have thorough knowledge of school policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment, and administrative techniques
- You MUST have outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills äóñ (have an exceptional ability to use Microsoft Office package) for data handling äóñ letters, emails, reports, newsletters etc
- Have excellent leadership, organizational and management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as the ability to remain professional
- The ideal candidate must be disciplined and well-rounded
- Have the ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Understands how to develop positive relationships with colleagues, parents and children as well as being able to improve practice
- The ideal candidate must be a team player and have an ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school
- You must have a record of past accomplishments and experience in collaborating with various stakeholders to accomplish school goals.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.