Job title : Head of Resource Mobilisation: Africa and Global Funds
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : March 03, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- We are looking for an experienced Resource Mobilisation expert to be responsible for securing resources for neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) over five years from endemic countries in the region and global funding mechanisms, in line with Uniting’s strategy and in support of the delivery of the World Health Organization’s road map (2020-2030) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) target to end NTDs by 2030.
- The postholder will maximise funding from endemic countries and global funding mechanisms for NTDs and make a case for the prioritisation of NTDs in domestic resource mobilisation efforts and the inclusion and integration of NTD interventions in these existing funds where NTDs are currently excluded.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of tailored integrated influencing and engagement strategies to increase domestic resource mobilisation allocation
- Preparing and submitting high level pitches, concept notes and proposals to global funding bodies and to potential, donors and funders.
- Working with key leaders and decision-makers in endemic countries and in global fund mechanisms to prioritise and finance NTDs in the region.
- Proactively building and nurturing strategic high-level relationships with relevant ministries and other key stakeholders
- Providing quarterly updates on the status and position of funding and resource mobilisation (targets, challenges, risks etc.) across targeted endemic country and global funding mechanisms and bodies.
- Supporting Africa Union Member States to deliver their domestic resource mobilisation targets set out in the Continental Framework for Africa and Common Africa Position on NTDs
- Increase the number of countries in the region endorsing the Kigali Declaration on NTDs and entering their commitments on the Commitment Tracker
- Establishing and developing a funding pipeline and actively convert such a pipeline into signed funded projects.
- Work closely with the Health Economist (P/T) to identify and maximize opportunities for securing funding from domestic budgets for NTDs from targeted countries in the region.
This is an involved role, please read the full job description for further details
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- In depth understanding of the resource mobilisation prospects, barriers and challenges at the national, regional and global levels for NTDs
- In depth understanding of the political and funding environment in Africa for NTDs
- Significant experience of working as a development professional, including experience of resource mobilisation, policy and advocacy work at international and national levels.
- Representational experience including to external bodies, in forging effective networks and in measuring impact of advocacy efforts.
- Experience of leading or coordinating advocacy efforts at national or international level. Familiarity with policy development.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practice in development particularly in health, development and governance.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Head of Resource Mobilisation: Africa and Global Funds jobs