Job title : Head of Internal Audit and Control
Job Location : Nigeria
Deadline : December 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- ENGIE is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and accurate Head of Internal Audit & Controlling with a passion in renewable energy and financial inclusion to join our team. The Head of Internal Audit & Controlling will bring a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- This position will be part of the Global Finance team that is mainly based in Berlin, Germany and Kampala, Uganda.
- The Head of Internal Audit & Controlling will assure and coordinate specific audit missions across EEA and a timely and accurate reporting and follow-up of the different controlling activities across EEA.
- The Internal Audit & Controlling department is responsible for EEA’s compliance including internal control activities, business control and general risk management.
- The Head of Internal Audit & Controlling will report directly to the Head of Finance & Legal.
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual audit plans aligned with EEA’s Internal Audit Committee approval
- Oversee the preparation and present reports that reflect audit’s results, process documentation and recommendations
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and the internal audit committee
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Assure coordination and communication with ENGIE’s internal audit & controlling teams
- Lead the implementation of an internal control process (INCOME) aligned with the group guidelines and follow-up of the action plans
- Lead the annual Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process aligned with the group guidelines
- Uphold extremely high ethical standards
- Manage the Internal Audit & Controlling team
Experience and skills?
- At least 8 years of experience required in internal audit, controlling or finance
- Solid and secure accounting skills
- Experience with risk assessment and internal control systems is a must
- Experience in an audit firm is a must
- Experience as Financial Controller is a must
- Pronounced analytical skills, high attention to detail and independent way of working
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or?Senior Auditor
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Sound independent judgement
- Master Degree in Finance or similar
- Chartered Financial Analyst or other distinctions desired
- French and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Have solid experience in MS Office applications
- Experience with ERP systems
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Head of Internal Audit and Control jobs