Job title : Head of Health Promotion
Job Location : Yobe
Deadline : February 21, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
MAIN PURPOSE IN THE ORGANISATION
Carry out direct activities with local population and organize, train and supervise community health workers’ activities according to ALIMA values and principles in order to promote health information and provide information about ALIMA’s activities to the population.
RESPONSIBILITY / MAIN ACTIVITIES.
In close collaboration with the Nurse supervisor, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to ALIMA values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area
- In close collaboration with the Nurse supervisor, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the Nurse supervisor in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health-related issues
- Organizing health awareness sessions for ALIMA’s medical and non-medical staff
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient Under supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- Post Graduate qualification in Health Promotion/IEC specialization/Social Sciences/Community Health is desirable.
- 2-year experience in similar position
- Essential working experience in Nutrition, Malaria, Vaccination (EPI), Maternal & Child Health, Health Promotion or Community Health related work
Excellent command of verbal and written English is essential. Notion of the local language is an asset.
Technical skills & Competence:
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Stress Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Head of Health Promotion jobs