Job title : Head of Finance
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Head of Finance will supervise all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially. Head of Finance responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in
this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
Key Result/Responsibility Areas and Job Description
Efficient Financial Processes and Systems
- To establish an efficient and effective financial system in the Church and help to prepare all accounts & financial statements of the Church timely and review periodically
- To implement the policy & procedures relating to financial management, accounting and budget planning and to improve the quality of Church operations.
- To plan, direct and coordinate the implementation of effective accounting and financial administration policies, procedures and reports to ensure meticulous compliance of Church’s financial policy for sound financial management and control of the Church.
- To prepare, present and interpret financial reports to the management, Board of Directors, shareholders and government authorities as well as to direct and supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as cost accounting, budgets, regulatory authorities and government reports where applicable
- To review the institution’s financial conditions, financial position and recommend viable alternatives for cost effective operation
- To develop and expand financial strategy of the Church management in order to develop and strengthen the financial capacity of the Church
- Communicate, co-ordinate and support the relevant processes to ensure all financial yearend and other administration requirements are met on a timely basis to ensure full legal compliance with financial requirements.
Planning/budgeting and controlling/monitoring:
- Assist with the development of business plans for the Church
- Present and deliver financial commitments outcomes to relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor budget and forecast changes at regular intervals.
- Preparation of regular cash flow forecasting and reporting as well as ensuring the maintenance of sufficient funds for Church operational purposes.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all relevant tax returns, including but not limited to Income Tax, VAT and Employment Taxes.
- Liaise with Tax Advisory Firm on more complex tax matters.
- Ensures effective Tax management Corporate Tax, Employee Tax and VAT
- Maintain and administer internal control and compliance policy ensuring that all key risks are covered by appropriate rules and that line management have an effective system in place to identify, monitor and measures risks management
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Design and review risk management risk identification, quantification and mitigation
- To oversee asset liability management and fund management program for the Church.
- Supervise & review performance of individuals in the Finance team
- Liaise with different departments heads to ensure the Finance department is properly supporting their relational operational needs of the Church
- Develop, implement and maintain best internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management
- Investigate account errors, mistakes and suspicious transactions as well as reconciling accounts and constructively resolving them
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
Competency and Skill Requirement
Academic Qualification and Work Experience Personal Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance or related field.
- Be a registered member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Nigeria (ICAN), the Association of National Accountants in Nigeria (ANAN), or any similar accounting body recognized in Nigeria
- MBA/ Masters in Finance or CFA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience relating to accounting, finance and auditing activities of a major financial institution / reputed commercial Church with at least 5 (five) years in an executive capacity / departmental head
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially excel
- High-volume transaction experience in a SAGE or environment
- Use of other Accounting Software
- A committed born-again Christian, with a personal and active relationship with God
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, or systems including creative contributions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines as well as work without supervision and in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Head of Finance jobs