Paystack’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Head of Compliance and Risk jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : December 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
About the Role
- As Head of Compliance & Risk, you will develop a comprehensive regulatory compliance framework and be responsible for implementing and maintaining processes, systems and controls to ensure PaystackÛªs compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- You also develop and manage an enterprise risk framework that will provide insights into our risks.
- WeÛªre looking for a leader who will lead the buildout and scaling of our compliance program, serve as a key member of the Paystack leadership team and partner to the business, and who will elevate the ambitions of Paystack.
- The ideal candidate will come from ÛÏstart-upÛ like environments, be mission-driven, a clear communicator with a solid background in the payments space. The role is remote-friendly with frequent travel to Nigeria, and expansion markets required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, implement and maintain a global framework of policies and procedures for managing and mitigating operational and compliance risks, in line with laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Develop, implement and maintain an enterprise risk framework.
- Design and implement relevant compliance processes including know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and combatting the financing of terrorism (CFT)
- Perform risk assessments to understand enterprise risks
- Master a deep understanding of the rules and regulations governing each market in which we operate, including monitoring any changes and developments
- Oversee the gathering of internal information to meet external regulatory reporting obligations
- Supervise the fulfilment of all record-keeping requirements
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Act as a point-of-contact for all employees on issues relating to money laundering, terrorist financing and receive reports on non-compliance with laws or company policies
- Compile regular reports on risk and compliance performance that can be shared with management or the board of directors so that issues can be rectified
- Support our product and market expansion initiatives by overseeing efforts to apply for new licenses where needed
- Ensure regular information dissemination and coordinate training across the company on compliance issues
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee any internal and external audits or regulatory examinations
- Manage third party vendor risk reviews and vendor due diligence
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance across the company
What it takes to succeed at this role:
- 8+ years in a senior regulatory and compliance role
- Experience in payments/financial services
- Ability to develop deep relationships with regulators (Central Banks or other regulatory bodies) across multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent sense of judgment ÛÒ able to help steer the company to balance innovation and growth with regulatory compliance
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive, adapt and embrace change in rapidly-changing regulatory environments
- Deep knowledge of global payments compliance regulation ÛÒ PCI DSS, PSD2, GDPR, card scheme rules etc.
Skills / Education:
- MasterÛªs Degree in either Economics / Business / Law (preferred)
- Relevant course, done through ICA (International Compliance Association)
- Experience in Nigeria (or Africa)
- ACAMS certification.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Full medical coverage.
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Not specified
*Head of Compliance and Risk in Not specified
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online