British Council’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Head of Arts, Nigeria and Regional Lead, SSA Creative Economy jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : 27-Sep-21
Quick Recommended Links
Duration: Fixed Term Contract ending March 2025
Pay band: 8
Department: Cultural Engagement
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
- The post holder will set, enable and deliver the strategic direction, leadership, and governance of our Nigeria Arts programme, Regional Shared Creative Economy Programme and contribute to the objectives of the British Council Arts Programme across Sub Saharan Africa.
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
The Head of Arts will:
- Hold primary responsibility for our arts programme and arts strategy in Nigeria and will be responsible for the arts portfolio there working closely to identify new partners with whom to deliver the strategy.
- Contribute to shaping our regional approach to engagement of Creative Economy Policy.
- Give priority to raising funding and developing partnerships to scale up the Creative Economy programme
- Significant knowledge and experience of the arts in Nigeria is a requirement as is a deep understanding of Creative Economy and models that make this work in a Nigeria and regional / global context.
- Regular attendance at evening and weekend events are a normal part of the job
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong knowledge of UK creative sectors and creative sectors in Nigeria
- Sector knowledge in the field of arts and programme management with a strong Creative Economy specialism
- Demonstrable experience managing a large team or a small organisation
- Experience in delivering arts work in more than one country in Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants and partner organisations
- Proven experience raising funding for arts and creative economy projects
Role Specific Skills:
Required candidate will need to possess:
- Proven leadership of ambitious arts and creative economy projects with a range of partner organisations.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and use of Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Partnership development and fundraising
- Managing relationships with stakeholders
- Degree or HE qualification in relevant arts, cultural, heritage, or humanities field
- An innovative approach to the use of digital and social media to connect audiences.
- Experience of working with both large and medium organisations.
*Head of Arts, Nigeria and Regional Lead, SSA Creative Economy jobs in Nigeria
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to apply online
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Nigeria