1 week ago
Job title : Head of Accounts
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Adexen was mandated by a leading construction company to recruit an experienced Head of Accounts for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos.
- General supervision of all accounts & finance activities of the group of companies
- General management of the day-to-day activities of the Accounts and Finance team.
- Continuous Review of the Company’s accounting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Drive 100% compliance of accounts team with the Company’s finance and accounts SOP, policies, rules and regulations.
- Oversee reconciliation of all ledger accounts.
- Conduct review and evaluations to allow for cost reduction opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant in-house departments (e.g Contracts, Service..etc) to ensure that all receivables due to the company are invoiced accurately and collected.
- Provide financial advice and support to all departments as and when necessary, towards proper budget management and cost control.
- Develop (when required) and maintain a good relationship with Financial Service Providers (banks, insurers, Financial regulatory agencies, etc).
- Review, Negotiate and Reconcile bank charges.
- Collate, review and interpret financial data and information with 100% accuracy.
- Review financial records for predicting financial trends and advising Management towards profit maximization and loss reduction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised University
- MBA, MSC in Accounting and Finance
- ICAN, ACCA, CITN or any other related qualification
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar senior position within an international group
- Knowledge and experience with Opticon ERP accounting module
- Excellent knowledge of SAP Business one accounting package
- Excellent knowledge of applicable tax laws and other statutory requirements of companies registered in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of other West African Countries’ laws and standards would be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant Accounting standards, best practice protocol and ethics codes
- French command is a strong plus
- Large team management experience
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Head of Accounts jobs