Job title : Head of Accounts & Finance
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 01, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the job
- We are looking for a Head of Accounts/Finance who is an expert in analyzing every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on current and future financial plans.
- A strong candidate combines a strong analytical mindset with technical ability and excellent people skills..
- You will be a strategic thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills. You will be highly analytical, a self-starter, results-oriented and able to thrive in an outsourcing/consulting firm
- This is a full time, permanent and long-term position.
- We are committed to and encourage equal opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS, local GAAP and fiscal obligations following standardized formats that will pass an external audit
- Review financial reports for quality
- Directly work on financial reports and make the complex seem simple
- Identifying all errors in account reconciliations, financial statements and reports
- Documenting reasons for any Fails
- Dive deep to identify the root cause of any quality failure
- Develop simple solutions that fix the failure
- Write clear coaching documents that ensure highest quality outputs
- Oversee operations of the finance department, delegate tasks, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met
- Manage the company’s clients books of accounts.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Manage, guide and lead team members to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership
- Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances
- To use your outstanding knowledge of IFRS and financial acumen to dig into the results our Accountants and Financial Analysts produce.
- You will write actionable coaching documents for them that are clear, simple, impactful and derived from insights you discovered personally.
- In your weekly 1:1s with your team members, you will ask probing questions to confirm that your feedback is being applied.
What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 7+ years in finance in an outsourcing and consulting firm
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- ACA or ACCA
- Quickbooks experience or comparable finance system
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to delegate tasks, manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Experience in Mobility/Fintech/Gig-economy/eCommerce
- Strong Project and Program management skills
- Global leader and thinker with the ability to make quick strategic decisions
- Highly energetic, self-motivated & proactive
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Health Insurance
- Unrivaled Learning and Development.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested candidate should forward their Cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Head of Accounts & Finance jobs