Job title : Head, Information Communication and Technology
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 03, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Role Purpose Statement:
This role will be in charge of all company technology and technological resources. The chief technology officer will establish the company’s technology vision, strategies, and plans for growth. They will supervise the system and quality assurance processes. They will develop, plan, and implement an information technology (IT) strategy that meets the company’s business needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security. The role will focus on maintaining and improving all technological issues in the company.
The aim is to ensure that these functions are carried out effectively and efficiently, in harmony, and in accordance with applicable statutory regulations, the company’s operational standards, and policies.
- Oversees projects and assignments within the Information Systems (IS) department.
- Leads efficient operation of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of IS are performed as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Collaborates with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Identifies new IS developments and technologies; anticipates resulting organizational modifications.
- Ensures that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the company’s computing, data processing, and communications needs.
- Develops and implements the IT budget.
- Establishes long-term IS needs and plans and develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs.
- Assists as top-level contact for end users in determining IS requirements and/or solutions.
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Monitoring web analytics and making recommendations that align with business goals
- Supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Establishing software development process and setting objectives for the process
- Mentoring team members
- Identifying company web user needs
- Maintaining network security with the IT team
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Supervising workflow of the IT department
- Defining company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Studying information processing systems to evaluate their effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring the company’s technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the company
- Able to be a big-picture thinker
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Encouraging team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas
- Confident in producing and presenting work
- In-depth understanding of the industry.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Uptime/downtime rate
- Team velocity
- New bugs over time
- New critical bugs over time
- Average response time
- Top pages with page load time
- Team Engagement
- Return On Investment Per Feature Release
- Digital Availability
- Employee Satisfaction
- Tangible Value for Business Users
- Product Engagement
- Technology Costs
- Time Spent On Tasks
- Data Governance
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field;
- Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years experience in a software development role, information technology role, or related field; five years in management or leadership role
- Experience with technology relative to industry; .Net, C#, SQL Server, MongoDB, Solr, jQuery, Angular, AWS, IIS, GitHub, Grunt/Gulp, Node.JS, Java/C
- Strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement/sales goals
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
How to Apply for this Offer
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- Head, Information Communication and Technology jobs