SeedStars Academy’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Head, Government Relations and Compliance jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 21, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
About the Job
- The Head of Government Relations is responsible for supporting the engagement with the Government and the regulatory environment for QuickCheck through thought leadership and trusted advice to the compliance and management team.
- The role supports the engagement with governments and helps to inform of political, legislative and regulatory developments; assesses the impact of potential actions on QuickCheck and its customers.
- Ensuring effective oversight of Nigeria’s compliance arrangements as it enters Nigeria.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with all key regulatory stakeholders in the Nigerian banking/fintech sector (CBN, NITDA, NOTAP, FCCPC, EFCC, ICPC, associations, )
- Be the front face in the market for QuickCheck’s regulatory and compliance aspects, exercising diplomacy while defending the company interests
- Map and manage compliance-related risks within the business
- Develop and establish of the local policies and processes, according to regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and roll out training & awareness across key areas under the financial crime umbrella as well as conduct in developing a strong compliance culture
- Monitoring & Reporting to give assurance as to the second line of defense
- Research and monitor activities of government regulators within and outside the financial industry that could affect the organization
- Keep the Management updated on relevant AML regulations in the Fintech space
- Anticipate policy directions that could affect any of the business verticals and proactively inform business heads to create workarounds.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in similar position
- Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks across financial services
- In depth knowledge of financial crime and regulatory compliance
- Previous experience in dealing with regulators including the Financial Conduct Authority and other external stakeholders/law enforcement
- Effective and comfortable in dealing with and liaising with a range of internal stakeholders across the business
- Previous experience in scaling up and working for a start-up in a fast-paced Fintech environment
- In depth Experience in implementing compliance frameworks that are scaling globally
- Strong communication skills, coupled with being a strong influencer with diplomacy, relationship & change manager.
Benefits and Perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of hybrid working mode (office vs. remote) depending on the role.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online