African Union(AU)’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Head, Enterprenership and Investment
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : Monday, August 16, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: 706
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Director, Industry, Mining, and Entrepreneurship
Directorate / Department: Industry, Mining and Entrepreneurship
Division: Entrepreneurship and Investment
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 2
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of the Job
- Directs and manages the daily operations of the Enterpreurship and Investment Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the Diaspora and global private investors, businesses and institutions; multilateral partners and government agencies to support private sector development;
- Coordinates the development of comprehensive programs for strengthening private sector development;
- Promotes tailored policies to attract African, diaspora and foreign direct investment that contribute to the creation of decent and value-adding jobs; enhance the skill base of African economies; facilitate the transfer of technology, knowledge and know-how; boost competitiveness of domestic firms and enabling their access to markets; and operate in a socially and environmentally responsible manner;
- Facilitates the design and implementation of specific programs for strengthening corporate governance, institutional and managerial capacity and providing technical assistance to MSMEs and business associations to upgrade their efficiency and competitiveness;
- Promotes initiatives for supporting the efforts of Regional Economic Commissions and Member States to develop infrastructure through public-private partnerships by assisting to develop legal and regulatory framework for public-private partnerships operation and financing in the continent;
- Develops programs to capture and organize the informal private sector as part of the overall strategy to expand the continental organized private sector;
- Builds win-win partnerships and trust relationships with key partners and external stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important external stakeholders;
- Engages with key stakeholders as and when required to enhance Investment and Entrepreneurship in the continent;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Investment, SMEs, Business, Finance, International Trade, Engineering to private sector development or related field with Twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which seven (7) years must have been at the managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
- Experience in policy formulation will be an advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge in international policies and strategies
- Knowledge in change management and Business Engineering
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, systems and standards
- Planning and Organization skills.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages ; fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Fosters Innovation
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified? Please Click here