Job title : Handyman
Job Location : Edo
Deadline : September 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Located in Benin City, the candidate shall work closely with the Facilities Manager and priesthood leaders to perform minor electrical fixtures, plumbing, carpentry, painting, landscaping, and deep cleaning. The incumbent in this position maintains a log of purchased, supplied, and used supplies.
- The candidate must know and perform the FM group work order process.
- He /She may assist in contractor supervision and reporting skill level and ability.
- The successful candidate shall undertake basic upkeep and light repair tasks and fix broken appliances/equipment; maintenance to the interior and exterior of the assigned area including painting, carpentry, grounds, and new equipment/furniture installation.
- This position will also assist in the prevention of building deterioration and maximize building life through judicious application of operations and maintenance processes and standards.
- Performs minor painting, roof repair, minor plumbing, generator maintenance, tile, lawn, tree, bush sprinkler repair and lawn mower maintenance, and electrical and electronics assistance – Supports member care including supplies, training, and equipment care.
- Performs custodial duties to keep the meetinghouse and grounds clean and orderly as well as work planning, demonstrates purchasing skills, project monitoring, inspection methods and standards, reporting work, and workplace safety.
- Repairs locks, hinges, tile work, and wall coverings, small paint jobs, motors, engines, and ground care equipment.
- Responsible for safety during work, including the reporting of hazards, both inside and outside the building, to the Facilities Manager
- Attends meetings when assigned by Facilities Manager and attends training sessions to upgrade technical skills.
- Secures Contractors and vendors and ensures that work and services meet established specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a member of the Church and worthy of a temple recommend.
- CTC II or HND in Building Construction/Electricals or related qualification.
- Three years of working experience in Facilities maintenance Electricals, Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting, Deep Cleaning, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate tactfully with priesthood leaders, vendors, and employees.
- Must be able to climb ladders, and stairs, and crawl, bend, stoop, squat and reach overhead to perform maintenance functions.
- Seasoned ability to operate equipment, tools, etc., both manual and automatic, to make repairs.
- Must be familiar with and able to safely use industrial cleaning chemicals and products.
- Be able to safely move up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Must be proficient in the use of Computers. Must understand and be able to use MS Office Applications, specific software, web-based programs, internet services, and wireless communications.
- Computer Skills
- Facility Maintenance
- Strong Work Ethic
- Technical Skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Building / Construction jobs
- Handyman jobs