1 week ago
Job title : Group Head Legal
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : June 09, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
He has primary leadership responsibility for maintaining and strengthening a world-class internal control environment in all aspects of legal documentation, litigation, alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and acquisitions.
- This includes:
- Evaluating the reliability and integrity of information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information.
- Monitoring and evaluating documents that guide corporate governance processes to ensure legal standards.
- Ensure the ISO 9001: 2015 standards on quality management system is attained.
- A suitable candidate will provide oversight and direction to the management on all legal risks across all business divisions of the company and ensure that the organizational structure, business tools and processes that are designed and deployed are effective and aligns with its enterprise risk management objectives.
- Identifying and assessing all legal risks, in terms of likelihood and magnitude of impact, as well as determining a response strategy, and monitoring processes.
- Managing Clients Information and contracts to mitigate against litigation risk.
- Guiding the organisation against sharp practices and losses as it relates to acquisition, documentation and distribution of properties.
- Carrying out Gap Analysis of the business with expected standards periodically documented and reported.
- Coordinating and managing all disputes between the organisation and third parties.
- Employing and exploring the alternative dispute resolution route so as to minimise litigations in all contractual relations of the company.
- Quality & compliance checks on documents prepared/generated within the organisation.
- Monitor Retrieval and return of requested documents and compliance levels of all team members
- Land sourcing, checks and acquisition.
- Collaborate with information technology team to encrypt data and mitigate the risk of cyber-attacks.
- Draft, modify and implement organization’s legal policies.
- Participate in business process re-engineering exercises to ensure legal controls therein.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge on recent regulation changes
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Legal drafting skills
- Good attention to details
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong work ethics
- Computer proficiency
- Litigation skills and experience.
- A minimum of 15 years post call to Bar experience.
- LL.B from a reputable academic Institution.
- LL.M is an added advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
- Law / Legal jobs
- Group Head Legal jobs