Job title : Group Head, Legal and Compliance
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 11, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- You will be primarily responsible for overseeing internal processes and compliance within an organization and ensuring compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures.
- In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the company’s audit, legal, and compliance functions across various business units and geographies
- As the Legal and compliance leader and subject matter expert, you will be responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- As the compliance leader and subject matter expert, you will be responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Some of your functions would be:
- Manage all corporate litigations and legal risks across the group.
- Draft review and negotiate commercial agreements and all legal documents.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Defining existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements across the organization.
- Developing the. annual compliance framework that reflects the organization’s unique characteristics.
- Periodically revising the compliance processes, and revising based on emerging needs.
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of all compliance programs.
- Providing guidance, advice, and training to the team when and where required
- Providing strategic direction to the agreement team on compliance and legal advice
- Interacting with regulators on compliance issues.
- Coordinating efforts related to audits, reviews, and legal examinations.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties, without fear of retaliation.
- Provide end-to-end legal advice on business matters
- Advising on legal risk and opportunities (from strategic today to day) in line with Total reward objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or related discipline with 10 years of hands-on experience as head of Legal /Regulatory compliance in a significant manufacturing concern.
- Work experience in an internal audit/process environment
- Admission into Bar and the ability to think outside the box and demonstrate commercial application of legal knowledge are necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Law / Legal jobs
- Group Head, Legal and Compliance jobs