Danish Refugee Council’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Grants Management Specialist
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : September 29, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Under the supervision of the Programme Development and Quality Manager, the main responsibilities of the Grants Management Specialist are:
- Ensure that DRC is compliant with country grant management guidelines, lead on donor obligated reporting, and liaise with Support Services team on donor requested information
Grants management and compliance:
- Assess and build the country office’s capacities to comply with DRC’s grant management guidelines
- Ensure country office compliance with grants management system (GMS) on Dynamics
- Assist country office in preparing, facilitating, and following up on grant meetings as well as in drafting, finalising, and sharing minimum set of documents required for grant meetings.
- Gathering inputs from the team, and follow up, as per the grants tracker
- Assist Programme Quality Assurance unit in conceptualising and facilitating the implementation of programme quality tools developed
- In close collaboration with programme and MEAL team, support documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and proven innovations in programme design, implementation, monitoring and reporting to improve programme design and implementation strategy.
- Facilitating partner assessment process and drafting, finalising and sharing minimum set of documents for successful partnership management
- Assisting the Programme Development and Quality Manager in drafting and finalising partnership agreements
- Assisting the programme and support team in partner capacity building.
- Contribute and lead on communications tasks, as appropriate.
- Liaise with finance colleagues on budget follow up and expenditure levels of running grants
- Conduct or facilitate training for country or regional office, including but not limited to on logframes, proposal development, and/ or reporting
- Inductions of new colleagues
- Other tasks as identified by the Programme Development and Quality Manager
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- At least 2 years of grants management experience with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures of donors including but not limited to US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies.
- Proven experience in successfully submitting reporting packages.
- Proven experience in capacity building and training of national staff and partners.
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Able to quickly research, learn and disseminate new knowledge and information.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented.
Application Closing Date: Midnight; 15th September, 2022 (GMT-time).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online