Job title : Government Liaison & Protocol Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 03, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- Role Overview: Full-time, 5 days a week, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
- This position requires a nuanced understanding of Lagos State government structures, protocols, and local business practices.
- The officer will be responsible for facilitating effective communication and maintaining robust relationships between Charterhouse Lagos and various government entities at the local and state levels.
- Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with Lagos State government officials, departments, and agencies. Serve as Charterhouse Lagos’s primary representative in all government interactions.
- Ensure Charterhouse Lagos’s compliance with Lagos State and Federal laws and regulations at all levels. Stay informed about legislative and regulatory changes within the Nigerian context that could impact the organization.
- Coordinate and manage visits from government officials, adhering to official protocols. This includes organizing meetings, preparing agendas, and ensuring that cultural norms and governmental protocols are respected. Ensure that any government visit is officially recorded.
- Communicate Charterhouse Lagos’s positions on various issues to Nigerian government stakeholders at the direction of the Director. Develop and submit official correspondence, policy briefs, and reports in a manner that aligns with local requirements and governmental procedures.
- Assist with coordinating and organising events involving government participation. Ensure that they meet both Charterhouse Lagos’ and Nigerian government’s protocol standards.
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts within the Nigerian government to facilitate efficient communication and operations.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge:
- Appropriate bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a strong emphasis on government liaison or protocol management within the Lagos State context.
- Comprehensive understanding of Lagos State government structures, processes, and cultural nuances. Prior experience with the Ministry of Education would be helpful.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and understanding of business ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in English and Yoruba being essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Government Liaison & Protocol Officer jobs