Axis Human Capital Limited’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Global Head, Human Resources
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 05, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- We are looking to hire a Global Head for Human Resources. The Global Head for Human Resources will oversee all aspects of human resources.
- The scope of work will cover company-wide human resources for other offices in Accra, Nairobi and New York City, as well as facility level HR departments in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya.
- The ideal candidate will report to the Global General Counsel / Chief Compliance Officer
- Oversee recruitment process and be directly involved in the recruitment of all positions; Employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to recruit the right talent.
- Facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection process, according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Consistent evaluation of companyÕs recruitment program to include continuous relationship building with community resources, temporary agencies and monitoring of best practices regarding recruitment strategy.
- Coordinate recruitment and orientation/transition of both new and existing team members.
- Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Creation of compensation plans and provide administration of employee benefits.
- Conduct periodic salary benchmarking exercise to ensure all current and future salaries are competitive with existing in-country market rate and present to management for review and approval.
- Review all performance management tools and ensure it is up to date with current company needs.
- Train all employees to use the tools ahead of appraisal due date.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of periodic company-wide employee performance evaluation and development program.
- Works with HODs to provide training advice and guidance on skill-gap issues to ensure employees growth and development through training.
- Manage company’s Academy platforms and initiatives; work with HODs to consistently design course content and upload on the e-platform.
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal setting, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with employees.
Employee Relations and Company Culture:
- Consistently maintaining favorable and effective relations among employees, accountable for motivating HODs to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of their team members.
- Act as an impartial mediator, counselor and facilitator in arbitrating disputes between/among employees, meeting all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Maintain an effective negotiation process and harmonious employee/employer relationship.
- Work with the legal team in ensuring that the company is protected from any employee litigation.
- Improve employee communications and performance by proper use of formal counselling and progressive disciplinary procedures.
Administrative & Compliance role:
- Lead the implementation for company’s global HR Operating Policies and Procedures, ensuring the company follows all labour laws and minimizes legal exposure.
- Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure they are compliant with existing legal and government reporting requirements.
- Prepare annual HR budgets.
- Prepare and submit quarterly department reports to management and Board of Directors.
- Conduct periodic employee satisfaction survey, ensuring all information are captured, analyzed and findings are presented to management.
- Consistently update HR ERP system with all employee data and HR-related company-wide initiatives.
- Manage all other HR initiatives e.g., quarterly mentorship program, employee newsletter, lunch & learn series, womenÕs forum, etc.
- Coordinate all global and regional events, leading sessions as required.
- Oversee all HR related duties and provide support to its facilities across different regions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A BachelorÕs Degree in Human Resource or related field.
- An M.Sc. or MBA in Human Resources or advanced professional certification in human resource management (SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification) is an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of HR Management Experience or demonstrated success as an HR generalist, supporting employee groups of 200+ employees in multiple locations across the continent or globe.
- Knowledge of labour law across Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya etc. and, more importantly, application in the day-to-day working environment is critical to the success of the position.
- Ability to keep work confidential.
- Proficient in the use of computer and Microsoft Office Suites, including HRIS, ERP system.
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work across countries, cultures, and organizational units.
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.