IpNX Nigeria Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : GIS Specialist
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 30, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of the Job
- The GIS Specialist position is a geospatial information data analyst role provides that harvests and analyzes varied large geospatial datasets to gain insight and propose recommendations therefrom.
- The role supports the drive to acquire capability for large scale management and operation of fibre outside and inside plant infrastructure assets through its life cycle of producing both operational and strategic plans and designs, deployment, service provisioning, maintenance and general administration.
- The role will primarily manage specific GIS applications and infrastructure that has been acquired and deployed so that value can continually be derived to support competitive business objectives.
- Develop deep insights into geospatial relationships and dependencies in order to proactively meet customer needs.
Expected Key Results
- Effective GIS operations
- GIS Modeling & Analysis
- GIS working knowledge dissemination
- Incisive GIS-Based Reporting
- Support diverse GIS business application areas
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field
- Extensive knowledge and ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS related work
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R and Python
- Experience with GPS measuring tools
- Outstanding quantitative skill set, attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, be able to multitask, think intuitively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good project management skills and possess troubleshooting ability
- Considerable knowledge and experience of automated mapping and information processing methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience of the capabilities of automated mapping and geographic information processing systems
- Considerable knowledge and exper