Job title : GHSA MTaPS Volunteer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 16, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The GHSA MTaPS volunteer will provide support and assistance for the implementation of interventions related to the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) portfolio of MTaPS Nigeria, along with providing contribution to GHSA work-related writing and documentation.
The volunteer assistance and support will focus on areas of infection prevention and control (IPC); optimizing the use of antimicrobials including antimicrobial stewardship (AMS); and multisectoral coordination (MSC) on antimicrobial resistance (AMR). The volunteer will provide support to and works in close collaboration with and guidance from the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) for the GHSA/AMR Nigeria portfolio. As required, the volunteer will also work with MTaPS Nigeria program teams and other technical staff to support GHSA work and other activities related to strengthening pharmaceutical management systems.
- In close collaboration with and guidance from the STA/GHSA-AMR lead, support country-level technical implementation of MTaPS GHSA activities with a specific focus on IPC, AMS, and MSC-AMR domains of work.
- In close collaboration with and guidance from the STA/GHSA-AMR lead, provide support for drafting/creating/revising high-quality, well-structured, and readable technical reports, success stories, case studies, technical highlights, website contents, manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal submissions, and other technical & communication materials that showcase MTaPS GHSA activities and achievements.
- In addition, support the review and copy-editing of other technical write-ups, documentation, and deliverables from both HQ and country programs, as needed.
- Take initiative in probing, exploring, and extracting the necessary information from country technical subject matter experts responsible for IPC, AMS, and MSC-AMR to feed into the above-mentioned documentation and deliverables.
- In addition, support literature search, as needed, to feed into the above process.
- Support planning, organizing, and creation of capacity-building/training materials & courses and data collection/analysis covering GHSA/AMR areas for external audiences and MTaPS staff as required.
- In close collaboration with and guidance from the STA/GHSA-AMR lead and other team members, contribute to the drafting and finalizing of GHSA sections of MTaPS quarterly and annual reports; GHSA semi-annual reports; and other GHSA-related reports (as needed), including detailed end-of-project write-ups highlighting GHSA’s portfolio-wide and country-specific activities and achievements.
- In close collaboration with STA/GHSA-AMR lead, and members of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Learning (MERL) and Knowledge Management teams, support in identifying, interpreting, writing, graphically displaying, and creating other appropriate visualizations of both data-based and qualitative accomplishments related to GHSA activities.
Required minimum education:
- Graduate degree in a health-related field with training and/or experience related to AMR or other relevant health areas; physician, nurse, pharmacist, or other public health qualification preferred.
Required minimum experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in pharmaceutical management and/or other public health areas
- Experience in GHSA, infection prevention and control activities, antimicrobial stewardship, and/or other areas of AMR containment are desirable.
- Experience with public health programs in developing country context supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID, CDC, and international agencies such as the Global Fund, UNITAID, WHO and World Bank desirable.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization which requires the ability to work across many different units to achieve desired goals.
Required minimum skills and competencies:
- Writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Skills in high-quality health-related technical writing are required demonstrated strength in this aspect will be considered a strong asset for the position.
- Competence to assess priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision
- Commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, and supporting creative initiatives.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, national NGOs, private sector groups, other international implementers, USAID, CDC, and other donor organizations.
- Strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or guidance.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Graduate Trainee/ Internship /siwes jobs
- GHSA MTaPS Volunteer jobs