George Houston Resources Limited’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Data Analyst
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 21, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Our client, a major player across diverse business sectors in Nigeria is currently searching for a talented, smart, passionate and experienced/certified Data Analyst to help analyze and interpret data for business performance across all Offline Retail chain.
The Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. She/he should have a strong grasp of data acquisition and management tools and strategies and be able to monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Job location :Victoria Island, Lagos
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Helping develop reports and analysis; Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Evaluating changes and updates to source the Retail Systems
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
Qualification/Essential Skills/Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math’s, Statistics, or any of the related disciplines.
- At least 3-5year’s progressive experience working as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong exposure and understanding of various functions on ERP solutions
- Strong on MS excel and power point skills
- Good communication skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of Navision will be added advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.