La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : General Manager, Special Event jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 27, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
The General Manager, Special Event is responsible for all aspects of event coordination at the resort, to day-to-day event management and programs. He/She should be an ambassador for the brand and the resort. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the President/Founder and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the resort events management team (HOD’s) and overall resort targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. As a General Manager, you would also be required to manage between profitability and guests’ satisfaction measures.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the event management functions at the resort.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all stakeholders.
- Ensure full compliance to resort operating controls, SOPÛªs, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Understand requirements and details of each event
- Understand guest’s entertainment needs and wants
- Plan and organize events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Book venues and schedule speakers
- Meet with clients and coordinate with them regularly
- Look for and compare different vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.)
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Hire, train and oversee personnel
- Evaluate personnel and provide reports
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations, food, drinks etc.)
- Track the overall even expenses regularly
- Do event budget planning
- Stay within the budget
- Carefully oversee event happenings
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Evaluate eventÛªs success and submit reports
- Deliver event budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the resort.
- Developing improvement actions carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent resort professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A university degree in hotel management or a related field with at least 15 to 25 yearsÛª experience in the hospitality industry as event coordinator or similar role
- Portfolio of successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on companyÛªs success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations or relevant field is preferred
*General Manager, Special Event jobs in Nigeria
*Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
*Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant jobs in Nigeria