1 week ago
Job title : General Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of Role
- Your role as General Manager is to work closely with the Managing Director and management staff to provide strategic leadership to the organization, along with overseeing the implementation and steering the organization to its next stage of growth and development while keeping the human factor in perspective.
- You will also be responsible for the development and management of advisor and investor relationships.
- Provide vision and leadership that attract followers.
- Motivate a high-performance, innovative, and results-driven organization.
- Responsible for providing the short-term and long-term company vision as well as the development of the sales and marketing strategy.
- Interact closely with the Board and be a part of the decision-making committee on the future growth and development of the organization.
- Serve as a resource and mentor for current and future employees.
- Public relations, including promoting technology entrepreneurship through public speaking, digital media, and representing the Digital Financial Services (DFS) sector.
Strategy & Planning:
- Establish and implement short and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Build and motivate a world-class product, marketing, and customer service team.
- Responsible for all elements of HR, employee compensation plans, and benefits.
- Develop a financial plan for the organization.
- Develop high-quality business strategies and plans by ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Formulate business strategies, turn-around policies, and fast-track expansion.
- Oversee all operations and business activities by ensuring desired results and consistency with the overall strategy and mission.
- Make high-quality investment decisions to advance the business and increase profits.
- Oversee the operating plan, budget, cash flow, and company finances.
- Establish strategic partnerships with other companies in order to reach ambitious user growth targets.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive executive management team to include all company employees, while establishing a basic personnel policy, initiating and monitoring policies relating to employees’ actions, and training and professional development programs.
- Ensure company objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but also owned by management and employees.
- Ensure the company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices.
- Establish, achieve, and report on financials and milestones to the board.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Build trusting relationships with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the FinTech markets and industry and keep close relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A First Degree in Business / Public Administration or a related field is required.
- M.Sc., MBA, or other relevant Post-Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of extensive experience in a well-structured consulting firm or financial institution, 4 years of which must have been in a management role.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic, business, and management principles and practices.
- Strong financial acumen and highly analytical and numerate
- Experience in writing project and program documents or similar types of documents is preferred.
- Highly-motivated self-starter, with a positive, professional attitude, a strong work ethic, and critical attention to detail.
- Evidence of strong critical and strategic thinking
- Strategic and Operations Management Skills
- Excellent knowledge of risk management and corporate governance.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- General Manager jobs