Options’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 13, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Type of contract: 1-year Fixed term
Liaison with: Options global staff
Reporting to: Senior member of Technical Department
Main Purpose of Job
- The purpose of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist is to provide thought leadership, technical expertise, and strategic direction to strengthen the quality of our programming, enhance our impact, win new business, and support Options to further GESI principles both internally and externally.
Key areas of focus for this role are:
- Technical assistance: Provide high-quality technical support on GESI to OptionsÛª programme teams and direct technical assistance for government, civil society, and donor clients
- Business development: Grow OptionsÛª business offer on GESI programming, identifying strategic opportunities for future business growth, leveraging networks, designing inclusive and transformative programmes, and working closely with OptionsÛª GESI group.
- Share knowledge: Build the expertise of Options global staff and create opportunities for cross-programme learning for internal and external audiences. This will include supporting the OptionsÛª Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) and GESI groups
- Through these dimensions the post holder will contribute actively to the growth and development of the organisation and to the impact of our work
Technical Assistance to Programmes and Clients:
- As part of the Technical Department, provide specific and strategic support on GESI across a selection of Options programmes through the provision of technical advice, research, analysis and quality assurance.
- Undertake technical assistance assignments in GESI. This will be through on-going inputs to long term programmes and short-term assignments.
- Contribute to the development of project results frameworks, theories of change, and monitoring and research methodologies, incorporating inclusive practices and intersectional analysis wherever possible. Support their use and adaptation for effective programme delivery.
- Provide technical support and skills development to country stakeholders including programme staff, government officials and civil society organisations, and directly to funders as required.
- Liaise with donors and other external development partners to ensure programmes meet objectives and expectations
- Advise on areas of potential risk and support the development of mitigation strategies
Prospecting for new business:
- Identify and develop new programme opportunities, building on technical and geographic knowledge
- Establish and nurture collaborative relationships with consultants, partners and international development organisations to build strong partnerships for collaboration on new business, including representation of Options at external meetings and forums
- Build and maintain networks of clients, partners and influencers and use these to promote OptionsÛª work and to attract new business
- Cultivate opportunities to represent Options effectively and help position Options as a thought leader in GESI.
Proposal Development, communication and dissemination:
- Lead the technical design and development of concepts and proposals, identifying opportunities for gender transformative programming, and ensuring all prospective programmes have gender mainstreamed.
- Provide oversight and inputs into technical components of proposals being developed by other members of the Technical Department
- Ensure programme design is informed by the latest GESI-related global evidence and theory, and from an understanding of what works on the ground in different contexts
- Lead on GESI elements of co-creation for programme design
Organisational development and learning:
- Provide strategic and technical support to OptionsÛª global teams and consultants as required in relation to GESI
- Enable technical exchange and learning between programme staff by convening virtual or in-person events and proactively sharing learning resources and tools and connecting individuals from across the organisation.
- Contribute to the documentation of results and the publication and dissemination of research and learning
- Lead on ensuring that OptionsÛª core technical approaches and tools for GESI are up to date and fit for purpose
- Contribute to the leadership and delivery of the workplan of the GESI Working Group
- Manage project consultants, Technical Advisors, Technical Officers or interns as required
- Increase and maintain your own area of expertise through continuous self-development
- Participate in any relevant external training and capacity building undertaken by Options
- Share knowledge on GESI with colleagues
- An M.Sc or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in a relevant field of health and/or social sciences (Essential).
- Experience of co-creation programme design with funders and other stakeholders (Essential).
- Experience of supporting technical bids (Essential).
- Established networks which will contribute to Options business development (Essential).
- Experience of working in Africa and/or Asia in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs (Essential).
- Experience delivering technical work on GESI in similar organisations (Essential).
- Experience in designing technical GESI related frameworks, applying tools and providing technical assistance (Essential).
- Experience providing support to individuals and teams in remote settings through in-person and virtual engagement (Essential).
- Experience of developing strong relationships with government and civil society organisations
- Portfolio of publications (Desirable).
Skills and attributes:
- Technical specialism in Gender equality and social inclusion (Essential).
- Knowledge about Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH), communicable diseases, and/or health system strengthening in developing countries (Desirable).
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present data so that it is easily understood by non-experts (Essential).
- Excellent skills in communication, written and verbal (Essential).
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships with clients, consultants and technical resource persons (Essential).
- Self-starter as well as good team-worker (Essential).
- Ability to actively contribute to strategy and business development in their area of expertise and beyond (Essential).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to technical delivery of programmes (Essential).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that enables effective team building and problem solving (Essential).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to technical writing of bids (Essential).
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Essential).
- Excellent written and spoken French (Desirable).
- Eligible to live and work in UK, Kenya or Nigeria (Essential).
- Pro-choice (Essential).
- Commitment to equal opportunities (Essential).
- A commitment to OptionsÛª principles of Safeguarding, Do No Harm, and to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights (Essential).
- Ability to travel internationally for up to 2 weeks at a time (Desirable).
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Abuja
*Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online