1 week ago
Job title : GBV Coordinator
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : May 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
ABOUT THE JOB:
The GBV Coordinator will be responsible for managing multiple GBV programs in multiple sites of operation. This role includes strategic planning, technical leadership, capacity building, support and supervision of staff, senior internal and external coordination and representation, proposal development and reporting.
The GBV Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Providing strategic direction and undertaking analysis of GBV trends, gaps in services, and EYN’s capacities to guide EYN’s GBV projects
- Leading GBV assessments as required, maximizing available sources of information and opportunities for coordination, and ensuring compliance with safety and ethical standards
- Identifying and building strategic partnerships with national and local partners
- Ensuring that programs are driven by women and girls and planned with community stakeholders
- Identifying appropriate locations and orientation for services
- Developing concept notes/proposals/appeals as needed
- Overseeing program interventions, including the establishment and delivery of focused GBV response services
- Building capacity of program staff/partners in relevant technical areas to deliver services and lead interventions
- Organizing/supporting/facilitating technical trainings as needed, including GBV case management and clinical response to rape and intimate partner violence
- Establishing and monitoring supervision and support systems for GBV case management services
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for information management
- Ensuring effective community participation throughout implementation, including leadership of women and girls
- Overseeing appropriate prevention and awareness-raising/ behavioural change strategies
- Conducting regular program monitoring and quality assurance and apply learning for continuous improvement of interventions
- Producing regular program reports, on time and with accurate data
- Coordinating with other service providers to ensure holistic support for survivors, including participation in strengthening GBV SOPs and referral pathways
- Representing EYN’s GBV programming in relevant coordination meetings and with a range of stakeholders
- Contributing to inter-agency efforts to strengthen GBV prevention and response through active participation in coordination mechanisms and promotion of sector principles, standards, and guidelines
- Coordinating with, and build capacity of, other sectors as possible to ensure integration of GBV concerns into various services and broader humanitarian response
- Advocating as necessary with relevant authorities, humanitarian actors, donors, and other stakeholders
- Selecting and orientating program staff/volunteers/partners for effective implementation
- Providing supportive and constructive feedback, and conduct regular performance appraisals
- Developing work plans in line with financial pipelines
- Planning and procuring supplies required for program activities, in line with budget and project timelines
- Ensuring compliance with donor regulations
- Contributing to the positive image and overall credibility of the program and organization, notably through adherence to the Code of Conduct and Ethics, including compliance with anti-harassment, safeguarding and PSEA policies
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social sciences, public health, nursing required or any other related field from a certified tertiary institution.
- At least 3years humanitarian experience in Gender-Based Violence
- A firm grasp on and understanding of project management
- Developing and promoting effective collaboration within and across units & projects to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Willingness and ability to take initiatives not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers Experience in GBVIMS and case management
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in budgeting
- Proven capacity for management and leadership
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Computer literacy
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- GBV Coordinator jobs