Job title : GBV Caseworker – Damboa
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 04, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The GBV Caseworker will be responsible for providing direct support, including GBV case management and psychosocial support services, to vulnerable women and girls and survivors of GBV.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide age-appropriate and survivor-centred GBV Case Management services to survivors of GBV and vulnerable women and girls, in line with the Inter Agency GBV Case Management Guidelines, including assessment of survivor’s needs; basic counselling; support to develop and implement a care plan; support to develop and implement a safety plan; and support to access services additional services in line with clients’ wishes.
- Coordinate closely with the Casework Supervisor and seek support when required
- Provide information on available services and support survivors’ informed choices through referral, accompaniment, service coordination and follow up, and participation in referral systems/pathways.
- Distribute emergency cash and material assistance based on individual needs assessments and in line with established protocols
- Participate in regular case review meetings and coaching sessions
Monitoring and Reporting
- Seek feedback from clients and adapt services accordingly
- Support post-distribution monitoring
- Carefully document service provision and maintain case files
- Adhere to strict data protection and information-sharing protocols to protect the privacy, confidentiality, and safety of survivors
Coordination, Advocacy and Representation
- Develop and maintain contact with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other humanitarian partners and service providers.
- Coordinate with other service providers and community focal points to strengthen access to services and build support for survivors
- Organize case management meetings, as required, with other service providers
- Coordinate with MHPSS, child protection, health, and other sectors to strengthen integration and referrals
- Represent program goals and GBV standards
Security and Conduct
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies
- Foster a safe and supportive working environment for all GBV staff and partners
- Exemplify core principles of GBV programming, including respect, non-discrimination, responsible use of power, nonviolence, and promotion of gender equality
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the program and organization, notably through adherence to the Code of Conduct and Ethics, including compliance with anti-harassment, safeguarding and PSEA policies
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
- Typically, a degree in related field. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Relevant experience helping women required; Relevant academic experience such as social work preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to core principles of GBV programming, including gender equality and survivor-centered support services.
- Demonstrated familiarity, respect, and empathy for affected populations
- Commitment to championing survivors
- Good interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Very good listening and communication skills
- Familiarity with government and NGO service providers preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible, and apply experience and guidance to evolving challenges
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- GBV Caseworker – Damboa jobs