Job title : Financial Controller
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 15, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The financial controller serves as the principal executive accountable for the financial strategy development and execution and is responsible for ensuring the integration of both operational and financial measures aimed at efficiency, growth and profitability of the business.
- The Financial Controller is charged with the responsibility of overseeing the finance Department and functions including Financial accounting management, Cost and Management Accounting, Credit Control and Accounts Receivables management, Accounts Payables as well as setting financial controls.
- The Financial Controller shall manage the day-to-day finance and accounting transactions, and effectively manage Treasury, whilst ensuring that liquidity positions are maintained. He/she is responsible for budgeting and financial performance monitoring and reporting company-wide.
- The Financial Controller is responsible for managing the finance team to ensure the success of the finance team as well as the financial success of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Financial Controller, your responsibility will include:
- Develop and articulate a comprehensive financial and risk management strategy for the business.
- Liaise with financial services organization as may be required to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms debt, equity and working capital requirements.
- Lead the formulation and execution of corporate level investment and financial management for enhancing business growth and operating efficiency
- Define and champion financial targets and budgets
- Establish and maintains an effective financial management framework covering treasury, tax planning, financial control and management information system, processes and, which support business objectives and enables the effortless production of relevant periodic reports
- Develop and implement effective finance and accounting systems, processes, procedures and policies which provide effective controls in the deployment and utilization of capital and assets.
- Manage the budgetary process to ensure all budgets adequately reflect periodic resource requirements and revenue estimates for the business; coordinates the periodic financial performance monitoring and reporting of the company.
- Approves all finance and accounting transactions and ensures processes and or procedures are effectively complied with; including regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Ensure the provision of timely, comprehensive and accurate management accounts that enable decision making process.
- Effectively manage company taxes and other statutory returns to regulatory authorities
- Effectively manage the company’s asset, debt, cost and profitability position.
- Escalate known contraventions of statutory regulations
- Manage the finance team
Qualifications, Experience, and Skill Requirements
Education and Work Experience Requirement:
- A Minimum of First degree (HND/BSc) in Accounting, Finance MUST be a chartered accountant and must have been chattered for at least 6 years
- Must have practiced as a Management Accountant, Deputy Head of Finance/Accounts or as the Head of Finance/Accounts in previous role(s)
- Minimum of 15 years’ post-degree work experience.
- The last 5 years must be in executive management role within a structured business environment.
Knowledge and Experience Area:
- Clear understanding of Financial Planning and monitoring for results
- Budgeting (Revenue, Direct Cost, Capex and Opex)
- Leadership skills
- Good Communication Skills (Written and Verbal).
- Microsoft office skills (excel).
- Ability to train and impart knowledge
- Planning and organizing.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to manage people effectively.
- Excellent work ethics
- Strategic planning and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver.
- High level of initiative and a good team player.
- Attention to detail
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Financial Controller jobs