Appzone Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Financial Controller
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Senior Finance Manager (Financial Controller)
- Zone provides the entire stack of digital infrastructure for Banking and payment using homegrown technology that has the best market fit for the African environment.
- Our platforms leverage the cloud to run core operations of banks and FinTechs in a wholly digital way while connecting these institutions into a decentralized pan-African payment network based on Blockchain.
- We recognize that our super-talented and highly motivated people are at the core of our unprecedented success so far. We hire people with exceptional talent and abilities, then create an environment where they can become the best version of themselves and thrive professionally and personally while delivering impact and having fun!
- As a Senior Finance Professional, you are required to act as a strategic partner to internal stakeholders and provide oversight, leadership and/or support to several key functions including financial planning and analysis, financial accounting, treasury and risk management, strategic financial planning, regulatory compliance, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
Your job responsibilities include the following.
- Provide strategic financial and business insights to the CFO.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly financial results and provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Analyze the company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc report to senior management.
- Prepare and present timely and accurate monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by the Product segments, forecast vs. budget by product segments and department and weekly cash flow.
- Provide support around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for the CFO and CEO.
- Preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to stay in line with budgeting, and drive business outcomes and strategy.
- Carry out month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage the annual audit process and deliver the audited financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Preparation of client bills, invoices and business model generation for all products and services.
- Review and innovate financial models for cost management and revenue generation.
- Ensure all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation for the organization.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Proactively look for cost-saving strategies.
- Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the performance outcome of the finance team, diligently helping each member of the team performance, and taking decisive and appropriate actions as necessary.
- Contribute to the building and maintaining the Zone Culture within the finance team ensuring that Zone’s core values are evident in every fabric of the department.
- Other specific responsibilities as defined by the CFO.
- We would love to meet someone with:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Knowledgeable in corporate governance, financial consulting, budget management and cash flow management.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and using standardized methodologies, frameworks, SOPs, templates, etc for the achievement of team objectives.
- A high-level ability to prioritize and is goal oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to deal with confidential or sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. ACCA/ACA and/or MBA required.
- We currently run a hybrid work structure; some days are remote while others require you to collaborate with colleagues at the office location. For each situation, you may have:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Lagos
*Financial Controller in Lagos