Job title : Financial Auditor
Job Location : Rivers
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Financial Auditor will be responsible for examining financial records, verifying their accuracy, and completeness, and reporting evidence gathered to management.
- This includes reviewing the accounting records of the organization in line with the company accounting policies, procedures, and applicable accounting standards, verifying the completeness of information, and identifying irregularities.
- The auditor prepares a report on their findings that is presented to the management on control gaps noted.
- This report provides management with recommendations for improving internal controls
- Perform a financial audit of the company by examining and analyzing accounting records to provide assurance of the accuracy, completeness, integrity, and validity of financial reports in line with the company’s policy and procedures.
- Reviews data regarding material assets, liability, surplus, income, expenditure, etc.
- Inspects goods receivables/payables.
- Verifies journals/ledger entries of cash and cheque payments, purchases, expenses, etc. to confirm their authenticity.
- Schedule, coordinate, and report on periodic inventory count/ asset verification and surprise count of some functions and reconcile with relevant accounting records
- Review of procurement and value for money audit.
- Review of asset disposal.
- Review of staff entitlements and allowances for accuracy and correctness
- Review of bank reconciliation statements as prepared by finance.
- Review investment activities and provide a report on the effectiveness of treasury management.
- Review compliance with statutory requirements on all statutory deductions.
- Revenue Assurance of various income heads to ascertain accuracy and completeness of income recognition in the books of Accounts.
- Plan and execute assigned audit schedule and produce a report to the Chief Internal Auditor within approved timelines.
Key Requirements and Core/Behavioral Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or associated disciplines.
- 7+ years of experience in auditing financial Accounts.
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and their application.
- Strong ability to work with robust financial applications suites such as ERP systems and Microsoft suites.
- Construction Industry auditing experience will be an added advantage.
- Preferably a Chartered Accountant.
- Critical Thinking and Technical Ability to Audit Processes.
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Standards and Principles.
- Great knowledge of Risk Assessment and Control.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal and report writing Skills.
- Highly motivated, results-driven, and proactive professional with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound knowledge of internal controls
- Attention to details
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Financial Auditor jobs