1 week ago
Job title : Finance Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : May 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Accounting Software operations and Reporting:
- Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software EXCEL
- Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable descriptions.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Support in ensuring all documents are scanned and properly stored in HipCity database
- Maintain a record of vouchers borrowed by staff and ensure that they are returned and filed appropriately.
- Following up with project staff as regards the dashboard financial deadline requirements
- Print the monthly reports for signing and appropriate filing.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation.
- Undertake basic financial analysis (i.e., budget variance) to support project information needs.
- Working with the project team in the development of forecasts for projects.
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
- Ensure that the documentation for payment is acceptable and accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
- Approved payment requests should be processed within three days of receipt.
- Prepare the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
- Maintain cash books, including providing updates to Executive Director to prevent negative cash and bank balance.
- Prepare the withholding tax deductions report, and complete and submit monthly Statutory PAYE forms to relevant Government Organizations.
- University Degree in Accounting, Economics or Banking and Finance
- Minimum of 1year experience in accounting related to NGOs and community-level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with large complex organizations is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Finance Officer” as the subject of the mail.
- Application will be assess on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated.
- Only applicants that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Officer jobs