DAI’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Finance Officer jobs in Jigawa
Job Location : Jigawa
Deadline : October 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Reports to Finance Manager
Programme PLANE (PLANE (PARTNERSHIP FOR LEARNING FOR ALL IN NIGERIAN)
Duration 7 years
- The Finance officer will support the Finance Manager in managing the state budgeting, forecasting, disbursement and accounting functions. Other duties and responsibilities include;
- Provide financial management guidance & support to State offices, fielding queries from staff and capacity development of field staff.
- Checking and analysing weekly and monthly spend returns from the State and forwarding of these to the National Finance and Administration Manager.
- In-put of Cash, Bank and Hotel accounts data for the State.
- Maintain an efficient, proper and transparent financial filing system of all documents relating to Finance
- Compile monthly cash-flow forecasts and weekly cash requests.
- Make payments (in cash and cheques) to third parties, issues cash advances and maintain the Advances Register
- Write checks, request/obtain bank statements and oversee the office cash holding
- Manage the office cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Act as the first point of reference for staff at the state level on queries regarding Finance issues and
- assist FM in preparing protocols and guidelines on Finance.
- Undertake visits and field queries from the States to develop capacity and ensure implementation of
- finance guidelines across the States.
- Any other duties which might be allocated.
- A University degree in accounting, economics, business administration or similar disciplines
- 3 ÛÒ 6 yearsÛª work experience in a similar role with same responsibility
- Good knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, and financial control theory/practices.
- Ability to relate with programme/technical personnel who may have little or no knowledge of financial control procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of the funding, reporting and administrative requirements of FUDO-funded programmes.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Functional independence with the initiative to manage high-volume workflow.
- Skills to interact with diplomacy and tact, and follow up on requests in time and diplomacy and tact, and
- follow up on requests in time and efficient manner.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc).
- Membership of a professional accounting body, or an in-view status of membership will be a big advantage.
*Finance Officer jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Jigawa
How to Apply for this Offer
Qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] by the 15 h of October 2021. Please state the role and location in the subject of your email.
DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about DAI
can be found on the DAI website: www.dai.com
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria